Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sadowsky owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RS, Mar 15, 2002.

1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Do you use Sadowsky strings on your bass? If not, which do you prefer?

2. I use Sadowsky strings - 40, 60, 80, 100, 120. I really like them. I used DRs in the past. On my Sadowsky basses, I like the Sadowsky strings best.

Jeff

3. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Interesting. I have them on mine, but I have a feeling they are 105-80-65-45. Do his strings come in different guages?

4. I use them on the sadowsky, and also on my 70's fender jazz bass that is about half sadowsky. They're well priced and sound great. They also seem to be more consistant from pack to pack. I guess I'm saying that I like them alot, I wish he made flats.

5. Yep. Unless you specify, I believe they come on the bass in the gauges you noted above...

Jeff

6. I've tried DR Hi Beams, Lo Riders, Fat Beam, Dean Markley Will Lee, and Sadowsky strings. I'd have to say the Sadowsky are right up there and could be my preferred string. They are sensitive to finger noise and mistakes but so are the Hi Beams.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I like Sadowsky strings, but I'll use anything I can get my hands on, GHS boomers, Ernie Balls, Dean Markley, Ken Smith. Any string, usually 45-65-85-105, buy I'll use any guage that's close, I'm not too picky when it comes to strings.

My choice (because thy're Good [imo] & CHEAP) are Dean Markley Bass Blasters. I get them at cost through work & they're just as good as Boomers/Ernie Balls. They nornally sell for $25 for a 2 pack.

8. I dont have a sadowsky but i own a j-bass and i used sadowsky strings one time. Now i use Dean Markley Blue Steels. On my 5 strings (my curbow and BB405) i use GHS flatwounds on one and Ernie Ball slinkys. I use slinkys also on my stingray. the sadowsky strings are alright. I suggest using elixirs