Sadowsky P-Bass??? Only in "Ultra Vintage"???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Mar 20, 2004.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey all,

does Roger only make his P basses in the larger Ultra Vintage sizing? or does he do his version of the "dinky" size, similar to how the jazz shapes are his "dinky" version.

2. I think I remember him telling me at NAMM recently that he could make me a passive P5 with his standard or vintage body, which means an undersized Jazz shape, in ash or alder, with or without chambers to lighten it up.

I bet that would make a great bass.

Aloha,

Jonathan

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Currently, the 4 string P body is offered in one size.

4. Get PJ with the small J bass body?

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    well,

i've been meaning to get a simple P bass, but wanna stay on the Sadowsky side of the tracks.

think Roger would make me a P bass using the J neck and body? that'd be the shizz.

6. I know what you mean. I love the passive P-bass mojo, that slurpy punchy thang and the elegant simplicity. Somehow an active PJ doesn't do it for me. I don't necessarily care for the P body or neck shape, but the passive vintage P pickup in the right spot feeding directly into a length of cable just works best for me for a lot of stuff.

I was on the verge of asking Roger to make me a passive P5, when I stumbled on Mike Tobias' P prototype, and I'm loving it and playing it every day, whenever I don't need a different sound. A Sadowsky P built on a lightweight alder jazz body would be similarly wonderful.

Good Luck,

Jonathan

7. Alder seems to be the magic wood for me.

i remember having a Totem Modine with a Seymore Duncan P pup that just KILLED.

a 4 banger Sad/alder P would make me mess my pants!

f