1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky P is Killing me :(

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FL Knifemaker, Mar 14, 2008.

1. I'm in the middle of re-arranging my shop and spending money like crazy to do it. Otherwise, this would be mine :mad: Great GOOOGLIE MOOOOGLIE!! This is one HOT P bass :bassist:

[​IMG]

2. I know. There was this similarly looking J bass which I lusted for but did not get:

sunburstrosewoodtort2.

3. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    That is one killer looking P. I have a date with the gf for next friday the 21st to go stop by the shop and put down a deposit on a metro P, so if that bad boy is still there by then, I may have to ask to play it lol.

4. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I think it looks disgusting. Sorry. :meh:

5. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    ?:eyebrow:

6. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    doesnt look disgusting to me but its not my cup of tea.. I rather have a P with a solid color finish but thats just me..

I am lusting for a Sadowsky Jazz but im also lusting to hit the lottery LOL..

7. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    It's a beautiful quilt, but I would prefer rosewood with that color. I think the Jazz posted below it looks killer.

8. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

IMHO....

Thats one ugly bass... lose the pickguard

9. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    The P. :eyebrow:

10. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    i wouldn't say disgusting. i just think a natural finish would be a lot nicer on this bass. just my opinion:bassist:

11. dblbass

dblbass Commercial User

Mar 24, 2007
    Beacon, NY
    Owner of MBJ guitars, Maker of fine sawdust for Carl Thompson Guitars
    ketchup. thats all it is...ketchup. he took a bass that sucked and put a fancy top on it to cover up the fact that a p bass is no good and waahlaaah now people think its ok.

12. :eyebrow: How old are you?

I quite like it, though I think it'd be nicer with rosewood. I'm not really a P guy, though I've been GASsing for one lately...

13. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    I would take both of them :hyper:

14. I have to say, I don't think I've read a more adoring accolade for a bass. This could by my new TB signature or the inscription of the door mat at Sadowsky guitars. Or both! :hyper:

15. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    They're both nice looking finishes, but I tend to favor the P Bass. The Jazz looks a bit 1996 MIJ Fotoflame to me.
    BTW, it's Voila, not Waahlaaah.

16. dblbass

dblbass Commercial User

Mar 24, 2007
    Beacon, NY
    Owner of MBJ guitars, Maker of fine sawdust for Carl Thompson Guitars
    who cares how old i am. its true just think about it a little.

the p bass was made and it laid the ground work for other basses to come. then people started realizing there were problems with it and fender and all the other companies that copy them didnt change anything. a squier has most of the same problems as a MIM or asadowsky or a fodera NYC. they never took one negative look at the instrument and tryed to make it better. when they do change something they put a fancy top on it or some more knobs on it (the ketchup...you put enough on a bad hamburger and it tastes ok even though the hamburger still sucks) but that doesnt cover up the fact that the product has the same problems as before.

17. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Funny, 25+ years of playing P basses, and I still haven't found any problems with them, nor has any of the engineers or producers I've worked with.

Guess we're all just morons. ;) Maybe I should send them to you for some advice. :D

P.S. mine don't have fancy tops or extra knobs either. :cool:

18. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    :eek:
    really? just.... really? honestly?

i'm flabbergasted. i can't tell if he's serious or not.

really?

19. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Certainly not my cup of tea appearance wise :ninja: I'm sure it sounds great, but that pickguard looks way out of place.

20. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Apparently thousands of pros, producers, and engineers are idiots when they see a Precision and smile.

Gimme a P any day. Leo got it right in 1957... all the upgrades since then have been ketchup ;)