1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Sadowsky P or Lakland P?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sufenta, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Jeff in TX

Jeff in TX Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Lone Star State

2. I love vintage Fender's but am seriously intrigued by the Sadowsky Vintage P basses---they really look sweet---just wish I could try one out first.

3. slugworth

slugworth Inactive

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.

4. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    Man, that cat has hands the size of catcher's mits!:D

5. I can see where this thread is going.
    Been there done that too many times on TB.

6. lol, not this guy again..

7. slugworth

slugworth Inactive

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> Thanks Cephas. You are a tard.

8. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

This thread is getting off subject, they usually do when we start debating Roger's gear. I recently built a Warmoth jazz bass. I was in the mood to put something together myself, my guitarist friend encouraged me. I bought the best parts from warmoth, Roger's pre, and DiMarzio ultra jazz pickups. I carefully assembled it, got lots of advice from respected people(thanx to Roger and Nino), and it turned out to be a beautiful bass. After all was said and done, it's very nice. For the record, it's about half the bass a Sadowsky is. The neck was the biggest dissapointment. It is very thick and chunky. The person I dealt with at Warmoth "said that's how they all are". It is by far the chunkiest jazz bass neck I've ever played. I've owned over 50 jazz or jazz style basses in my lifetime. I asked to return it to be reshaped. I was willing to pay for it but he told me "don't bother, the cnc machines all cut them to the same profile. Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset at Warmoth. Overall, very nice parts. I just personally think they keep their necks very thick for warranty issues, I think they don't want them coming back from warpage. I thought the bass out very carefully but the one thing I didn't consider was the neck profile. I'm more mad at myself. I still like the bass and will probably have the neck shaved a bit, if that's possible. The Sadowsky preamp works great and the pickups were a good choice. Let's face it, a Sadowsky it's not!!

I played some new American Fenders the last couple days while I was out and about. It does blow away those basses! They were all over $1000 and my bass was built for less than that. I do realize resale won't be as good but I knew that going in.

Anyhow, back to the thread. My pj4 rocks! Sounds great in active and passive mode. I can get a great, fat precision tone and a wonderful jazz tone with this one bass. Go for it. I'd recommend it over a jj or plain p style. Very versatile

Rob

9. couple of things..

if you knew me, you wouldn't say that, i'm a very understanding individual.. although i'm not sympathetic with trolls.

secondly, it is very easy to see your intentions here. i don't dig it personally, and i'm not afraid to say it either. bring it....

10. I have to stand up in defense of Cephas45. I don't think he is a tard and here is why:

I am a tard.

I attend Tards Anonymous. It has been a very supportive helpful group. If you too are tard, I suggest you join us.

Anyway, at our meetings not one tard has ever stood up and said "Hi. My name is Cephas45 and I'm a tard."

Oh, by the way, it was nice to see you again Slugworth.

;)
    c'mon, just kiddin'. lets play nice, play, and be friends

11. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Just for the record: I received a PM from Roger Sadowsky today regarding this thread and asking me to call him with any questions about his basses. DAMN!..now THAT is the way to run a business!

Hello Dan, are you out there?????

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021