Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by buldog5151bass, Nov 6, 2003.

1. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Has anyone out there played any of the Sadowsky P basses? I'm going down there next week to check them out (wanted to get a good P bass for a while), and wanted to know people's impressions and experiences?

Thanks.

2. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    haven't played one yet, but from what I've heard, mostly from PJ owners, they should be just as awesome as the jazz basses...

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

I own a pj4 and love it!! Awesome! My fav Sadowsky and I've had 9. I played a ultra vintage P when I visited the shop this summer and would have bought it on the spot if I could have justified another 4 string:D

Rob

4. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    :) Gracias for the opinion.

I'm going to the shop in a couple of weeks - the question is, do I plunk the money there, or buy a MIM Fender, and pay my mortgage with the rest?

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

You only live once. Get the Sadowsky and been done with G.A.S. once and for all!!(except more Sadowsky's!!)

Rob

6. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Ah - the dreaded Gear Acquisition Syndrome!!!

I am in the throes of it right now. First a new amp set-up (traded my Ampeg for a Trace Elliot used rig that sounds big and clear as h*ll). Then my wife got me a Tacoma.

What ends first - the room in my closet or my bank account???

7. I too have a Sadowsky PJ4. Verrrrrrrrry nice bass to put it modestly.

8. How about this one?
    I'm might just go with this color scheme.

9. How about this one. I'm torn between the two.
    :confused:

10. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    The inca silver looks really classy, I'd take it over the trans red. :cool:

11. I second that vote!

[​IMG]
    Treena

12. Thanks everyone! I did decide on the Silver one. I have a Olympic White Lakland that I love to play and looks great on stage no matter what I'm wearing, so will the Silver. Every person that has commented on the Inca Silver has said the same thing, "classy", which I totally agree. I did kinda wanted a figured top for that much money, but I really like the Silver and there is something about that P-pickup on there that just changes the looks enough. It says YES. It calling to me... buy me, just do it... My wonderful Wife said the silver too. Plus it will match my ever turning gray hair!

I started off want a Natural Flame but that paint job with the chrome just took me over. It's that Leo Fender marketing thing of the 50's and 60's. They wanted to appeal to the times and it was sure cars back then. Brilliant! Still working on me anyway.

I'm just glad I found a PJ offered in a Jazz body. I think Lull might offer that too, but I want the Sad.

Laklands... Sadowskys...Bergantinos....Walter Woods....Demeter...QCS.....Ti food...Killians...12 year old Scotch...Cobra Mustangs(Silver)...My Grand Sons....Life is good!

And finally Buldog, check out a PJ, I don't think you can go wrong. Good luck and sorry for buttin' in on your thread.

13. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Sweetness! Post pictures when you get it :D

14. Pilot, you can bet on it my Friend!:bassist:

15. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    B S(tring) - no problem on the butting in - that's what this site is for.

I'm goin' away for away for vacation for a week, then I'm gonna check out the Sadowsky show and a Lull dealership.

And you all gotta stop putting these photos here - if I drool anymore, my keyboard will be too wet to type.:D