Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky people!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattsk42, Sep 27, 2005.

1. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Hey I'm thinking of getting one in the far future ($$$ :(). Could anyone who has one post a sound clip? Can be anything you want; song, solo, slap, scales, whatever. Thanks!

2. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Try this:
    www.tripdefunk.com
    click the "Media" and download one of the clips.
    It's an old project I was involved in for a few months (I'm in the pixs on their site as well).
    The Sadowsky used was my old NYC 5 (now belongs to TB'r Jonathan Starr-I want it back Jonathan!!!). Ash body, maple top, maple fingerboard, single coil pick-ups, vintage tone control.
    Recording method was:
    Sadowsky into GT Ditto Box tube DI-Yamaha 01V digital mixer into DP 4. Slight if no compression, 2db dip at 1K with a tight Q. Bass was run flat with the VTC rolled back about 20%.
    Other than the slight dip, it was done with no other EQ-ing if I remember correctly.

3. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
  4. mattsk42

Yeah I tried basstasters a few times today and it won't work. Keeps saying that it's not there.

5. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

His server blew up (not literally!) and he is working to get back on-line. Got an e-mail from him last night - he has a beautiful Ken Lawrence for sale and sent me pics.

Dan K.

6. He's selling that old 6-string KL? :cool:

How much, where's the info for it? On the (down) website probably...

7. mattsk42

Hey I listened to that tripdefunk thing. Nice mix! I also have another question that could probably be found by searching. :D

What is the order of the model lines from cheapest to most expensive?

8. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Hi,

Go to www.sadowsky.com The prices for the 'cheapest' Metro basses are posted there. I have a Metro. AFAIK Sadowsky prices are fixed. You pay the same to Roger that you would pay to a dealer, in theory at least.

9. mattsk42

OK thanks for the info!

10. Yep - Sadowsky doesn't do any price-cutting with their dealers. Not with New stuff anyways.

11. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

Thanks man!!!
    I mixed it myself in my little studio.

12. mattsk42

You're welcome! Any other people?

13. mattsk42

Hey thanks! They have the one I want, too bad I'm poor and no one wants to buy my basses. :( This one!