Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassaussie, Jan 6, 2002.

1. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Hi. I know there's a few fans of Roger Sadowsky's basses on this forum, so I just wanted to share this pic with you of the bass he's building for me.

It's a standard 4 string, and will have a maple neck and black hardware. The body is ash. I'm getting the humbucking pups, and I've asked him to add his passive tone control, as I like rolling off the treble sometimes.

I ordered it just before Christmas, and Roger's hoping to have it done by February.

This is my first Sadowsky, and I'm pretty bloody excited about it!

[​IMG]

2. wow cool color!, that's gonna be one awesome bass! too bad I haven't got a Sadowsky (yet)...

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    bassaussie

Thats going to be a beautiful sadowsky with the quilted maple top and bluu finish. Keep us posted on how everything works out.

4. don't get black hardware- ugly. just my opinion

5. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Thanks Bryan and the bug, I'll keep TB posted.

BTW, I really like your site. You get some nice basses in. I always have a peek just to see what you've got in stock.

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    that body is bu-t-full... man.. I got G.A.S. the kind that hurts.. really nice. its gonna be a great bass.. My birthday is In march. so that will give you a month of play time before you give it to me :)

7. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Looks great! Makes my Sherwood green Sadowsky look prudish. Wonder if the wallet used to prop it up comes with it. ;)

8. Wow, that looks great bassaussie! I would be excited too!;) Ya gotta love that blue finish.

9. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Oi oi!! I recognise that name! ;)

10. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    How much that so pretty bass will cost you?
    What are the features you choose ?

It begins very very good..
    SHE is amazing !

11. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    I wrote the specs in the first post, but here they are again.

It's a standard 4 string, and will have a maple neck and black hardware. The body is ash. I'm getting the humbucking pups, and I've asked him to add his passive tone control, as I like rolling off the treble sometimes.

12. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Sorry for asking again .... but How much ???

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice, bassaussie! That quilt top is amazing.

14. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Thanks! I know you've got some sweet looking basses yourself, so I really appreciate the compliment.

15. Very, very nice! Roger has some great figured wood. BTW, IMHO, the black hardware will look great on transparent blue quilt.

Here's my Sadowsky jazz with figured birdseye maple board.

[​IMG]

16. Very, very nice! Roger has some great figured wood. BTW, IMHO, the black hardware will look great on transparent blue quilt.

Here's my Sadowsky jazz with figured birdseye maple board.

[​IMG]

If the pic doesn't show up, then go to my photo album below and look at my current 3 Sadowsky instruments.

17. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    I'll post my Sadowskys pictures when I return from my overseas trip [ been away for 4 weeks already n miss them so much] :(

I ' ll post my new 5 string 24 frets as well.:D