Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SADOWSKY PJ OWNERS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigMikeW, Jul 4, 2005.

1. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Just getting a chance to try a Ash/Maple PJ5.

I'd love your views, thoughts and ears on the PJ5 in both Ash/Maple and Alder Rosewood.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    my old alder / rosewood PJ was THE sound for me. fat, thick, and very defined. also, like yours, i loved the reverse P. wasnt as harsh in the upper end, and the B was much more taut and punchie. also made chordal and lead in the higher registers much more meatie.

btw, after stoopidly selling mine, i just put in another order with kev. ;)

3. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

I am sitting here playing it and thick and fat definitely are accurate. You sold it? Ouch!

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Has an ash/rosewood pj4 for a while. Great gig bass. Could get all the tones to cover my gigs. Stupidly sold it. Should have not done so. I'll get another soon

Rob

5. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Hey, Big Mike. Just essentially put a response to this in your other thread.

6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    So, Mike, how many more Sadowsky threads are you going to start?

7. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    I have an alder/rosewood that gives me a nice thick tone with the requisite growl and punch you'd expect from that combo. My kinda meat & potato tone :)

8. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

Yeah, I really like this bass BUT I have an ash Sadowsky so I may just keep my Midnight Wine PJ5 (Alder/Morado).

Kjones posted that the tone by itself isn't terribly exciting. I understand that comment. Since I am not playing live at this time (writing and other stuff) it is hard to get the band setting thing. I may sub on a gig to try it out.

However, what I might do is go over to the studio and pull the bass out of some tracks, burn the bassless tracks and then go crank them and use the PJ5 "quasi in a live setting". LOL

9. Did you receive my PM?
    Thanks

10. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    rofl
    you beat me to it.

11. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    As many as I have comments, questions and experiences to share. You could go read elsewhere. Or just not open a Sadowsky thread. Maybe a resolution for you? :p

12. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Actually, I don't read your threads. I just scrolled down the forum and noticed one Sadowsky thread after the other. It was sad really. I'm sure that if you would just post your questions in any one of your threads you'd get an answer as everybody who loves Sadowsky posts in every Sadowsky thread. Or better yet, just pm Bikeplate and I'm sure he'll answer all your questions. From what I can gather, you're a pro player. But I've never seen a pro be so unsure of their own opinion that they have to frequent a forum to get others to help make up their own mind about everything from color choices to tone. I would imagine that you've played long enough that you already know what you like and don't like ;)

13. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

What makes me an expert?

Rob

14. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    We all voted while you where in the bathroom. You lost. :D

15. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Good one Biker.

Rob

16. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    HI!

I never said you were an expert though you seem to have owned more Sadowsky's than most so maybe you are. Congrats :)

17. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Looking for opinions doesn't mean I don't have my own. It is a fool who thinks he knows it all.

I like to hear peoples opinions, impressions, experiences, etc. Just like I enjoy posting what I find about something.

And since you can't just go down to your local shop and try 5 or 6 Sadowsky's gather advice and information is usefull.

Again, it is only the fool who think he has all the answers. I guess since you have time to worry about what I write you must know everything and have all the answers. What will you do with the rest of your life?

18. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Congrats on what? I just like em. Call the shop if u have questions. Leave out of your squabbles

Rob

19. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    I cheated. I voted for Rob 4 times. Bad Mike, Bad Mike! :bawl:

20. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    What will I do with the rest of my life... huh, don't know. But a little of my life was spent looking up how many Sadowsky threads you started over the last month. 17. That doesn't count the Sadowsky threads not originated by you. 17 in a month. Wow, that's almost as big of a waste of time as me actually looking up and counting them ;)
    Now I'm all for getting opinions. But I will not ask complete strangers whose experience and abilities I am not familiar with to help me make decisions. It's cool that you're comfortable with that though.