1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky PJ's what are they?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by FunkyFrosty, Sep 15, 2008.

1. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
    Well Sadowsky guys what PJ sets does Roger use - DiMarzios, SD's ?????, all the clips I heard sound great, and I know he doesn't make PU's - just fabulous basses that I cannot afford right now.....

Thoughts please.

Frosty.

2. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    You can buy the pickups he uses on his site and they're not hella expensive. Look in the "store" section.

3. pmcd

pmcd Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    While I don't know if its true, I have heard for years that Sadowsky PU's were manufactured by Dimarzio. I know they have recently been using a "custom wound" Nordstrand for some of their five-string P pickups.

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

His PJ set, I believe, is made to his specs by DiMarzio. Lately has is starting to offer Nordstrand PJ sets in some of his builds. Id email Kevin Drexler and get the full skinny

Rob

5. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I heard his single-coil Jazz are SD. The humcancelling are DiMarzio Ultrajazz. Don't know about the PJ's. He's a member here and you can ask directly. And yes, he sells them directly.

6. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
    Cheers all - I'm gonna try to throw a PJ set and a Sad pre in to a build I'm doing right now, hopefully it'll stave off my Sadowsky gas til after X-mas!!!

Frosty.

7. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I'm pretty sure dimarzo makes the humcancelling Js, Duncan makes the single coil Js and the Ps ... but they're all made to Roger's specs, they're not copies of some other stock pickup.

8. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
    So if some of the P's are Dimarzios d'ya think I could get in the ball park with a DiMarzio PJ set and a Sadowsky pre til my pennies are higher??

9. a_ribbon

a_ribbon

Apr 10, 2008
  10. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
  11. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Don't know who actually manufacturers the Sadowsky P-pup, maybe it's even DiMarzio, but I can tell you that the Model P sounds significantly different from the Sadowsky P. Both are great IMO, but different.