1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Portabag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by saxnbass, Nov 29, 2006.

1. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Pulled the trigger. I sent Nino my order form (via email) today. I will give an update on my opinion and such when it gets here. And I'll post pics with my bass and stuff in it to give idea of roominess and fit.

2. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    How much did shipping cost? Which company do they use?

3. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    USPS. It's totaling to around $225. $215 maybe.

4. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Cool, thanks. Might be ordering one as well soon...

5. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Oh, You can't do it the way I did; I have a special situation. I have an American Post Office box over here (military). Sorry man. They use FedEx and USPS. Email Roger and/or Nino about it and ask them if they can ship to you. May be a bit expensive, but maybe they can do it.

6. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Doh... well I pm'ed Nino right after my previous post, let's see what happens. Shouldn't be much costier than that though, it's not anything heavy... should still be around $30 or so with USPS Airmail.

7. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Nino likes emails instead of PMs as he forgets about PMs. His signature:

If you have any questions, please DO NOT PM me. Email me instead.

8. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    heh, yeah, I remember that sig now, I just pm'ed him without finding one of his posts first, only using the username. Off to email him, thanks :)

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Odd that I see this thread now- I was just looking at the Portabag on the Sadowsky site and I though to myself "where's that thread that has all the Portabag pics in it?" :D

I just wish they'd make a double, but they're not going to- I emailed and asked Kevin Drexler (who also happened to work on the design for the Mystery Feet cd I did the cover art for), and he said they had no plans to release one :(

I have the LowEnd leather double as well (that I like very much), but I've always liked the polyfoam hard/soft hybrids best (love my Zero-G) and have always wanted a double bag with that build type.

10. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
  11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I don't count the Dub bag :D It's the closest I've seen to what I want, but there's design elements to it that I don't like at all (non-separated compartments, etc). What I'd really like is something like the Body Glove or Tribal Planet gig bags- they're actually gig bag-shaped, but with the polyfoam build. No doubles though. Access Cases makes one, but they won't sell online or through major dealers. No place to get one online or in my state at all :meh:

12. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Well... just did it! :hyper: I checked the going dollar/euro rate and it turns out I can get one for just less than 200 euro, which was my personal limit... Still expensive, but it will give me some peace of mind when carrying a 4000+ euro bass around.

13. Markus Bender

Markus Bender

Dec 15, 2005
    Germany
    So, how much did they charge you for shipping to greece?

14. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    $80 with USPS Global Express Mail. I'm still hoping to convince Nino to use USPS Airmail, which would be $30, but he said there is no way they'll ship it with an untrackable service, although I said that it will be fully my risk and that I am in no hurry. Hope he's changed his mind in the meantime, this costs me $50 extra which I could definitely use on anything else... I'm sure there is some reason why they do it, but still I can't say I'm very happy with the final cost.

15. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Well... I just heard from Nino and he said that he couldn't ship it with a non-trackable service, but he reduced the shipping cost a bit... not sure what they charged me exactly yet, but that was a nice move :hyper:
    I'm a happy camper now, can't wait to receive the portabag and leave my gigbags in the closet...

16. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I ordered mine on the 1st. Still haven't heard if it's been shipped yet or not. Emailed Nino, so I'm hoping it's been shipped. :)

Edit: Just got notification that it was shipped out. Looking forward to it. Hopefully this coming week, that way I can use it on Sunday's church gig and give a review of it after that.

17. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    My PortaBag is here :excited: I have taken some pics, but am not done yet. Have to go eat now, so will post pics and such later. :D

18. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Mine is at the greek customs... will be home most probably this week! Cool. How do you like yours so far?

19. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Looks like it's a really good bag. Heavy duty, and extremely protective. It's nice, it's almost like a case, but much lighter, and more room for other stuff. Oh, and backpack straps. Here are the pics:

HPIM0406.

HPIM0407.

HPIM0409.

HPIM0410.

:D

Alright, if you can wait for the other ones to upload, you'll get some pics of the actual bag. :D (I had to do that)

20. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Alright, here are the real pics. Front, back, inside (with 34" 4-string Sterling, and 35" 6-string Yamaha. Neither needed the bottom pad removed). Then you can see that the neck holder is removable (velcro) and then the Sterling again after I moved the neck holder right under the headstock. Then you can see the pockets (large and small, they are separate). Oh, and doesn't my MacBook look great in that bag? :D

HPIM0411.

HPIM0412.

HPIM0413.

HPIM0414.

HPIM0415.

HPIM0416.

HPIM0417.

HPIM0418.

HPIM0419.

HPIM0420.

HPIM0421.