Sadowsky Pre-Amp Installation is Top-Shelf (the definition of a clean install)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I got this link in my e-mail and I thought some others might get a kick out of it too. It is from Best Bass Gear where they show a "perfect" Jazz bass pre-amp install. I must say, this is some damn fine work. I haven't ever (and likely will never) get the chance to work on a Sadowsky or see the guts but, damn, that is some fine work.

IMG_4962.jpg

(I wasn't sure where to put this thread but I figured this area would elicit the most excitement for a great install.)

2. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician
    Exemplary. Every NYC Sadowsky I have worked on was like this, though the linserts are a more recent feature. And Metros aren't far behind. Nice to see this level of attention to detail.

3. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Website and Social Media at Sadowsky
    The inserts are a really nice touch so that you don't strip the holes.

4. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician
    Yes. That's something that Alembic has done for years. I think I am going to mod all my basses to have the same. Oh no! Not more mods! I have to learn to stop altering and just play. Problem is when I'm not playing I just can't leave them alone.

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I know Carvin has done this since at least 2012 as well. It is a great idea.

6. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

The Carvin I bought in 1991 had the inserts as well!

DiabolusInMusic likes this.