1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Sadowsky pre w/vtc and Sadowsky soapbar pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by andysvec, Jul 13, 2017.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Price:
    $175-$225
    (pre is sold) -
    Sadowsky pre, I can't remember the exact order but there's vol/blend/bass/treble/and VTC passive tone (which is push pull for active/passive) with knobs. I sent my Modulus to the Sadowsky shop in the 90s and had this wired up and installed, used it til a few years ago. - $175 shipped USPS priority mail

Sadowsky 5str soap bass pick ups. EMG 40dc size, neck and bridge. These don't come up often, I came across them on ebay around 2006 and sent my Modulus to Mike Dolan and had these installed to replace the barts that were in it. A little wear on the covers but work great, used this setup til a few years ago when I went to all EMG in the ol Modulus. - $200 shipped USPS priority mail.
    IMG_8448.JPG IMG_8449.JPG IMG_8450.JPG IMG_8451.JPG IMG_8452.JPG IMG_8453.JPG IMG_8455.JPG

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    bmac314 likes this.
  2. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    WOW! These are such great pickups and preamp!! I wish I had a need for them!

andysvec likes this.
  3. Bergerman

Bergerman Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Springfield, OR
    PM Sent!

4. andysvec

the pre is sold, pickups still available!

5. andysvec

pickups still available, will take $200 shipped. I can't find any closeup pics when they were on my Modulus but here is a full shot :)
    modulowsky1.

feschyn and Fred312b like this.
  6. the_home

the_home Gold Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Can you comment how the Sadowsky pickups differed from the Bartollinis in your Modulus, and whether the swap required body routing on your Quantum. I notice an extra knob in the picture above. Thanks.

7. andysvec

This pre was made for me at the sadowsky shop back in the 90s when I sent my bass to them, it's configured vol/blend/bass/treble/and VTC passive tone (pre is now sold).

The Sadowsky soaps were later installed by Mike Dolan to replace the factory Barts. They original barts were 'GGBD5E' and the other 'GGBC5C', the neck pickup was bigger than the bridge. So M Dolan had to route my Q5 for the Sadowsky soaps. But I replaced them with EMG 40dc so they are the same size as those. The Barts sounded so warm they were almost muddy and hard to sharpen, the Sadowsky were much more modern sounding

8. the_home

the_home Gold Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Thanks for the descriptive detail. I have a hard time contemplating routing my Q5. I'm definitely considering the pickups.

9. andysvec

pickups still available, can come down to $175 shipped final price :)

10. Are these pickups passive or active? Thanks!

11. andysvec

I believe Sadowsky uses passive pickups in all of their basses. A combination of passive pickups with active preamp circuitry, I had these installed in my modulus with a Sadowsky pre that had a VTC with push/pull for passive.

bassmanbrent likes this.
  12. Halegroove

Halegroove Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    Anyone know how these sound when they're not bumped up together like the Sadowsky Moderns? Sound samples?

13. andysvec

still available!

14. andysvec

Pickups still available, will still take $175 shipped (now shipping from Las Vegas instead of Guam as I moved here this year).