Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Pre with Barts on a Buzz?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by burk48237, Dec 8, 2004.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I own a Pedulla Buzz circa 1990, picked up cheap used. I love the tone and playability. I recently purchased a Sadowsky Metro 5, The problem is that the Sadowsky is easily double the volume of the Buzz. The buzz is a bart P-J set up with a bart TC4 Pre, I talked to mike at Pedulla and He said that the Bart TMBT has considerably more output. I'm also considering the Sadowky Pre, I talked to Roger and he said they could configure in a 3 knob layout. Does anyone have any experience with Barts, P-J with a Sadowsky Pre? Does anyone know how the output of a Bart TMBT compares with the Sadowsky?
    THANKS, Steve B

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I assume you mean Bart NTMB (or NTBT perhpas), the Bart is more boost/cut than Sad in my recollection and the Sads are still 2 band not 3 unless Sadowsky's changed his mindset lately. Both stats are on their relative sites.

Any reason why you can't just turn the other basses down, adjust the volume on the amp, or use a stompbox?

3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I like the headroom of the Metro and it would be a considerable boost to get equal volume, The Sadowsky is a 2 the Bart is a three, but I was wondering about any experience in running the Sadowsky with the Bart pickups.
    Thanks