1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky preamp for all tube 400 watt amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bunyo, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Hi,

Do you think that it makes sense to put my american jazz bass with antiquity II pups and Marshall VBA400 amp to Sadowsky outboard belt preamp?

Is there any sense to put outboard preamps for all tube bass amps?

Do you know any difference in sound between belt and pedal version of Sadowsky preamp?

2. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Anybody help me?

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Is there something about your sound that you don't like, or want to change? If not, then it makes no sense to add anything. If there is, then a more specific question could yeild more specific answers.

4. Try it if you want, not sure how it'll sound to be honest.

The VBA400 is a damned nice amp tho (Ive got a VBC810 :) ).

But things are always worth a try, I've run a SS mic preamp into the power section of my SVT for ultra clean tones :)

5. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    yes it does make sense. if your tube amp is passive EQ (only cut) like a lot of them are then you could possibly benefit from being able to add boost to certain frequencies.

6. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I think that I might need some more punch. Do you think that Sadowsky provides it?

7. i dont' know that it will give you that much of a difference with the fairly high quality equipment you already have buddy. in my opinion anyhow. i didnt' notice the belt pre amp i had having any 'magic' powers or anything that a good bass and good tube amp couldnt' provide.... ymmv

8. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Maybe I should really cool down with my rig purchasing.
    THX.

9. If you want more punch maybe look at different pickups in your bass? antiquity's aren't really renowned for punch, more vintage vibe.

10. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Well for now I want to give the antiquities II a try. I've bought them not long ago and we only played one practice session and one gig . Our drummer have no time for playing for a month and I really dont know my sound very good since I have only one day testing on my Marshall rig. Playing jacked into the coumputer isn't good testing method esp with cheap speakers.