Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Preamp in a Warwick

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by taquitos43, Mar 6, 2006.

1. I have a Warwick Corvette Standard and am thinking of replacing the preamp and pup's with Sadowsky's with the vintage controls. Any thoughts or experiences??

2. I think finding someone else who has done that may be near impossible. Hell, you may be the first to do it if you do. I've just never heard of that particular swap. Warwick seems to be like Spector in that alot of those who swap out the electronics regret it, and about the same amout like it better. What it all comes down to: YOU NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY.

3. You're trying to put a Lamborghini's engine in a Ferrari's body. It sounds like a good idea, but when you do it, it ends up being as waste of my time. Sometimes what you got is as good as it gets. There are no upgrades "to make it better."

A Warwick Corvette is a great bass. Why not just save up and get a Sadowsky metro?

-Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
    -People created the automobile to escape from Chuck Norris...Not to be outdone, Chuck Norris created the automobile accident.
    -The chief export of Chuck Norris is Pain.

Nice.