Sadowsky Preamp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by burntgorilla, Nov 4, 2005.

1. burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    I'm thinking of getting this pedal some time soon, but I'm having a hell of a time finding it. I can only find a few US sites that offer it, and to be honest I'd rather get it from a UK site, unless there's a massive price difference (they seem to convert prices just by swapping the signs). To any UK TBers that have one, where did you get it from? I vaguely remember one site that sold it, but at about £250 for the privilege. I've looked on, and there's no sign of it there either.

I have a Geddy Lee, I'm assuming it will work well with that as with the vintage Fenders, yeah?
  2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    They are mostly sold direct from, but if you find a Metro dealer I imagine they might have one. I'm pretty sure I've heard of a Metro dealer in London if nowhere else.

It'll sound great with your geddy.
  3. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    The Sadowsky pre works well with many kinds of basses, especially anything that looks like a Fender. I prefer a 3-band preamp with a J-bass, but that's just me.
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  5. burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    Ah, thanks, that's where I'd seen it before. What annoys me is that I remember seeing for ~$250, but now they want that in £...