Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky price ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zink182, Jan 1, 2006.

1. I was snooping around the sadowsky site and I found this one in the archives of sold instruments.. this is exactly the bass I've been wanting for the last 6 months or so but I've never found anyone who makes it.. so what's the price on it ?

specs:
    STYLE: Vintage P/J 5-string
    FINISH: Candy Apple Red
    WOOD: Alder
    FINGERBOARD: Brazilian Rosewood
    PICKGUARD: Pearloid
    HARDWARE: Chrome
    PICKUPS: Sadowsky Humcancelling P/J
    SERIAL #: 3647
    COMMENTS: Passive tone control option

and pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Did you ask Roger Sadowsky? He's very good about responding to emails.

3. erm.. nope.. tought maybe he wasn't the responding type.. I'll do it tomorrow :)

you've got to admit that bass is fine :D

4. its gonna be really expensive, do you think you can afford it? its a sadowky...so...yeah i dont know what i'm trying to point out, but its probably gonna be alot of money

5. Rough estimate, but that's a USA made Sadowsky so it's gotta be in the range of around 3 grand I would think.

6. Bassist30

Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK

more

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im going to take a guess that it is way out of your price range. I am basing this soley on your current gear. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Good luck in your search. :)

8. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I asked about a similar bass and was told around 3500, but it had a quilted maple top I believe.

9. The base price for a 21-fret 5-string is $2,975 (last I checked anyways). The Brazilian Rosewood FB would be a pricey upgrade, though I don't know exactly how much. That's the only thing non-standard about it right?

10. I have a really really well paying job in the summers.. I just had to use the money to buy a new amp and ay myself into music school..

a MIM jazz bass is about 1000 dollars for tax resons so that sadowsky is about as expensive for me as a american deluxe jazz..

11. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    For that Bass, around $3700.00?

12. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Probably about $3400, if new

Rob

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Ohhhh, yes!

14. yea i think everyone is shooting for the same ballpark of like 3500ish.

but ask roger i dont know

he told me the p bass i wanted to order was 3400 so yours could be alot more but i'm not sure.

15. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Roger is the man to ask, he's really quick to respond to questions like this.

Now, anybody know how slap-able one of these P/J 5s would be? Alder/Rosewood version? I really like P basses, but just a P pickup doesn't really do well for slap (For me). Maybe a P/J would be better or more versitile (in my situation).