Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bas_anton, Jan 10, 2004.

1. How long does it take for Sadowsky to build a bass?

2. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    We normally quote 6 months delivery on orders. If we have a completed body available, we might quote 4 months and if we have a sprayed body we might quote 3 months.

We also have instruments in stock for immediate sale.

Roger Sadowsky

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    How's that for service? :)

4. You can't get much better than that, an answer from the man himself!!!

You Rock Roger!!

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    do what i do and just stagger your orders... ;)

should take about 6 months to garner the funds. :p

6. As soon as I can finance a Sadowsky I WILL order one. I just can´t choose between the Standard or the Vintage. The other big problem is the color. I think it will be a solid color, or a sunburst.
    I have a Marcus Miller Sig. and Peavey Cirrus 5, but none of them is really what I want. I´ve tried a fiver now and realised that I don´t need more than four strings. And the Miller-bass feels cheap and badly assembled. So Roger you have one more customer, as soon he get´s the money. By the way, Thanks for the answer. This seems to be the beginning of a beatiful friendship!!!!:D

7. boo

boo

Oct 12, 2002
    Netherlands
    Bas_anton

How about taxes & duties when shipping in your bass ?? :eek: :eek:

8. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    i believe in sweden it aint that bad with taxes and toll, they just charge a specific amount, around 150usd. however in denmark first they add 25% of the price, and then if you havn't got a import licence another 40-60% depending of the value of the product. that's just insane.

9. I haven´t been thinking about that, but that won´t stop me. But first i must sell my other basses. It seems to be a good moment to buy a bass from USA now when the dollar is low.

10. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    it is, you should perhaps try to check out the shipping prices and tax+duties, sometimes, here atleast it would be cheaper to fly there by plane and pick it up, then you'll also get to try it before you buy it.

11. Thanks for the advice. But i don´t think i´m going to fly over the atlantic this year.

12. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Make sure you keep checking his website. I also had a "plan" for ordering one at a later date, when a model with the exact specifications I was looking for magically appeared in stock. I pulled the trigger about a year before I was "ready," but it was definitely the right move. They go fast (even this 10-post thread already has 260+ views)--be ready to pounce. :cool:

13. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    how 'bout one of each? ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. That would be cool! It´s just a matter of money. I´m only 18 years old so I have to sell my other basses and work hard this summer. By the way I only need one bass. If I buy one I hope I don´t get the Sadowsky GAS one more time.

15. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i "pulled the trigger" on 2 of Roger's in stock models.

zero wait!

superior instruments.

if i was a girl, i'd...um, never mind.

f

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Have you tried looking at the tokyo line, i have one and i am very pleased with it.

17. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i highly recommend this:

[​IMG]

i have the same model with a vintage tint.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

f

18. Thats a nice bass. But I want a four. I´m not really intrested in the Tokyo series. I´m sure they are great basses, but I want the REAL thing.

I´m just about to sell my Cirrus now. It seems like I might get enogh money this year if I get what I want for my basses. I someone near the city of Gothenburg is intrested in a 5 string Cirrus. send me a pm.

19. Man,if that is correct fly to NYC and pick it up yourself. I'm gonna visit someday, of course Indiana is much closer....:D Good luck to you.

20. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001

I second this suggestion! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]