No longer available Sadowsky RSD Metro Express Vintage JJ Unlined Fretless 4 Metallic black w/ VTC & upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by eddiebo, Jan 30, 2022.

1. eddiebo

eddiebo Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    Price:
    $799
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    United States
    I bought this on Reverb new from a dealer at the beginning of January, then had it pro setup and VTC installed. It is essentially new w/ warranty - actually much better than new with the setup and additions. Ideally I would keep it as it plays and sounds great but unanticipated expenses force sale.

05/25/2021 date of manufacture which I believe places it in the third batch and corrects some of the issues that the initial runs had. Warwick Just-a-nut stock from the factory. Gigbag, unactivated warranty card, all tools and original parts included w/ the exception of the string retainer.

S01.jpg S02.jpg S03.jpg S04.jpg S05.jpg S06.jpg S07.jpg S08.jpg S09.jpg S010.jpg S011.jpg

SPECS Metro Express Vintage JJ 4 String
    Machine heads: Sadowsky Light Open Gear
    Neck Wood: Maple
    Fretboard: Tigerstripe ebony (unlined fretless)
    FB Radius: 12"
    Scale length: 34"
    Width @ Nut: 38.5 mm / 1.5"
    Frets: Unlined Fretless
    Body Shape: Standard J
    Body Wood: Okume
    Pickups: Passive Sadowsky J (neck & bridge)
    Electronics: Active Sadowsky 2-Way Electronics
    Pot layout: Volume / Pan / Active-Passive push pull & VTC / Treble-Bass stack
    Bridge system: Sadowsky Bridge w/ Quick Release
    Strap system: S-Style Security Locks
    Construction: Bolt-On
    Hardware: Chrome
    Weight: 8 lbs.

MODIFICATIONS
    - Sadowsky Vintage Tone Control retrofit kit installed
    - Stock string tree replaced with Hipshot two-string model, screw holes filled
    - Stock proprietary strap buttons replaced with Dunlop dual-design, original pins and strap mates included
    - Electronics cavity fully shielded and 10-year lithium 9V battery installed
    - strung w/ DR Sunbeam soft nickel rounds 45-105

Photo included of the repair spec sheet & original purchase receipt w/ all details. Regarding the price, do the math on the cost of the parts, setup work, tax, shipping - still a good deal. Im agreeable to some flex on the price based on shipping location and payment method so DM me if interested.

Price includes CONUS GROUND shipping ONLY.
    No international sales and / or shipping outside the CONUS.

PayPal: edbocchino (AT) gmail (DOT) com or Venmo: (AT) edbocchino payment accepted.

FSO / NO TRADES

DM w/ questions

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  2. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Bump for a great dude. Sweet-looking bass.

eddiebo likes this.
  3. eddiebo

Nov 13, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    Bit of a price drop, includes shipping in the CONUS. Getting questions about the build quality, setup and negative feedback from reviews of earlier builds. Any prospective buyer can be confident that this bass plays like butter with NO ISSUES. Concerns regarding fit and finish have been addressed by a skilled luthier. Cavity shielding has eliminated pickup noise and the VTC addition puts the electronics on par with a US Sadowsky model.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    puff father likes this.
  4. hugeactman

hugeactman Supporting Member

May 20, 2019
    Sounds killer!!!!

eddiebo likes this.
  5. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Do you have a pic of the side of the neck where the dots are? I'd like to see where the dots are located. At the fret locations (if there were frets, of course), or like a fretted bass, between frets. I have a lined fretless and the lines help me play in tune in a busy mix.
    Thanks.

eddiebo likes this.
  6. eddiebo

Nov 13, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    They are at the mid point same as the location on a fretted instrument

puff father likes this.
  7. Bassis78

Bassis78

Dec 22, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Bro....thank you...thank you....thank you. Seriously....I wish more folks would post current, raw video of how the bass sounds like you did in your ad. Bravo to you good sir! Funky, burpy, slippery and slide-y. This ad deserves it to be spelled out...Good Luck With The Sale!

eddiebo likes this.
  8. Blueinred

Blueinred 21st century Genz-Benz guy Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Greater Cincy
    If I didn't already have this style/configuration covered I would be all over this. Sounds great and thanks for that!
    GLWTS !

eddiebo likes this.