1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky saved me from an SVT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by anonymous122511, May 20, 2011.

1. anonymous122511

anonymous122511 Guest

Dec 28, 2010
    I rehearse the other day at a studio and use the old SVT that lives there. It makes me remember that this is the only big amp I've ever really been happy with so today I go shopping for one. The place is busy and while I'm waiting I pick up a Sadowsky PJ that's just come in. HOLY COW! Without even plugging it in this thing is seriously talking to me. When the man finally gets to me and I and try it through several amps (including an SVT re-issue) I realize this thing will kill through damn near anything. Don't get me wrong I want an SVT but damned if I want to lug one around. Anyhow the bass is tapping out my funds so for now I'm safe from the backbreaking siren song of the SVT.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    A great bass can help you rationalize being too broke to buy the amp of your dreams.:D

Just messin' with ya'!;)

What kind of music do you play? Unless you really want to recreate that Seventies sound, why not get a small, but powerful set up like Markbass?

3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Keep in mind that a Sadowsky will sound amazing thru ANY amp you put it thru! I've plugged into crappy crate amps, keyboard amps, behringer rigs, and it got the job done every time. And I"ll echo the good Dr Cheese in saying that there are a ton of lighter options that'll get you closer to that SVT sound.

4. rulyongo

rulyongo

May 5, 2011
    Carolina, PR
    Try the Orange Terror Bass... I was an SVT user for a long time and the Terror bass, in my opinion, sounds a lot like the SVT...

5. Ur2funky

Ur2funky

Feb 16, 2010
    I've got a Sadowsky that has a resonance that is immediate...you know it's special before you plug it in.

With it laying on my workbench, you puck a string and stuff on the table starts loudly vibrating. I've had lots of guitars/basses on that bench, and nothing else has done that.

Congrats on your new family member!

6. My Sadowsky REALLY comes alive through this:

EA.

Gale

7. anonymous122511

anonymous122511 Guest

Dec 28, 2010
    The 1000w version was one of the amps I played the bass through and I was mighty impressed. Honestly though the SWR Amplite with a VT Bass in front of it I've been using works really well for me in every way. An SVT is like a 70's Porsche 911 and as cool as they are I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. But like a 70's 911 I'll probably buy one sooner or later practicality be damned because there's really nothing quite like it.