Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Scam Alert

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Feb 24, 2004.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    from the Sadowsky web page:

It has been brought to my attention that an individual has been e-mailing people who have bid on Sadowsky instruments on eBay to offer them new Sadowsky basses at prices too good to be true. The instruments they claim to have in stock are either in our inventory or have been recently sold by Sadowsky. They are taking photos off of our website claiming they have these basses for sale. Payment is specified as Western Union or MoneyGram.

IF YOU RECEIVE A SOLICITATION TO PURCHASE A SADOWSKY BASS AND THE PRICE IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!

I WOULD BE HAPPY TO CONFIRM THE LEGITIMACY OF ANY SADOWSKY BASSES OFFERED TO YOU IN THIS MANNER.

HERE IS A SAMPLE E-MAIL:
    Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 3:45 PM
    Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2372103619

Dear sir,
    Excuse me for this mail but i have a good deal for you
    I am a dealer from London UK and my name is Adriana Szabo
    I have a product like that on the auction and it has the same description and details
    If you are agree to buy from me i will sell you more cheap like that in the auction
    For payment i use Western Union or Money Gram
    For ship i use UPS and i will pay all the taxes
    I wait your e-mail very soon

Have a nice day!!!!

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/page/scam_alert.html

thought some might want to know.

is this a misc thread?

f

2. Gene Machine

Gene Machine

Mar 19, 2003
    About a year ago there was a guy on ebay selling suspicious vintage fenders, les pauls, etc.

i believe his name was Szabo as well. might be the same guy. It was all over the TDPRI telecaster forum.

stay far away from this guy. :spit:

3. I know one eBay bidder that was offered a '53 Gibson Electric Bass in the sealed factory box for $1,000 after losing an auction for such a bass. More funny than threatening in that case...

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

LMAO! If anybody falls for that, they deserve it!:D

5. BUMP...........