Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky shape

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Jul 2, 2004.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I think that sadowsky its a great brand, but i think that they should develope a series of jazz basses with full jazz bodies, I'm a jazz bass lover and i like a lot the sadowsky sound i was thinking about getting a metro MV4 but the shape doesnt convince me, dont know why because i like the Benevente vortex vintage and its not exactly a traditional jazz. But going back to the main objective of this thread would anyone else like to see or even own a full jazz-shape sadowsky bass?

2. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    that's what the Sadowsky Ultra Vintage Jazz is

3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    mmm I tink that NYC sadowsky have a nicer shape than metros. If nino or mr sadowsky would enter here and discuss this....

4. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    the Standard and Vintage bodies are the same on NYC and Metro. the NYC Ultra Vintage is what you're looking for.

5. From the Sadowsky website:

We're very excited to present our newest models: The Ultra-Vintage J-Bass and The Ultra-Vintage P-Bass. Designed to combine the nicest features of an Early 60's instrument with everything you've come to expect from a Sadowsky. These basses feature full-sized bodies and deeper neck pockets so the strings sit closer to the body. Necks feature a 9" radius, 20 frets, spokewheel truss rod adjuster and rare Brazilian Rosewood fingerboards. Passive tone controls are standard on these instruments, along with our treble/bass boost preamp and active/passive switch. They're not just vintage ... they're Ultra-Vintage!

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Roger has full sized Jazz Bass Bodys. The Tokyo line is a great example of this.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The NYC Ultra Vintage Jazz has a full sized body along with the Tokyo Line. :hyper:

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The Metro's are the same body shape as the NYC line.