Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Sound Clips

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by liran, Dec 30, 2001.

1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I've heard so much about Sadowsky basses and I want to hear them very badly. So if anyone has sound clips or knows where to get sound clips, please post. Thank you.:)

2. D. Matthews

D. Matthews

Apr 16, 2001
    Canada
    Just watch Late Night with David Letterman. You'll hear a Sadowsky alright!!!! :D

3. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I know that, I'm just curious if anyone has any sound clips of a sadowsky just being played solo, and other sound clips in a band context.

4. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Actually I find it difficult to hear Will Lee on Letterman. Everytime I tune in he's screwed in the mix.

Do you think he gets paid well for that gig?

I know he produced this commercial for the local TV station in Cleveland advertising that the Brown games would appear on their station. "Heart of the Browns"- he sang in it, I don't know if he played his Sadowsky bass on it. Freaking cheesy though.

5. I don't think sound clips can do a Sadowsky bass justice unless you are listening through a superb speaker system which is the antithesis of most computer setups. You really need to play, feel, hear live and in the studio how phenominal these basses are.

However, great examples of Sadowsky bass can be heard on commercial CDs
    • Will Lee's bass sample collection
    • Marcus Miller's solo CDs
    • Bon Jovi's "Keep the Faith"
    • Will Lee playing on many Hiram Bullock CDs but Live at Manny's Car Wash's "Higher Ground" and World of Collision are standouts
    • Michal Rhodes session work on many country tunes
    I hope to get my CD out late spring early summer all the bass and guitars used on it were built by Sadowsky. I'm not going to be a braggart and say my playing is great...or sucks... but the TONES of the guitar and bass are literally a dream come true.

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Bear in mind...MM's signature sound is his 77 Fender Jazz with Bartolini preamp, not a Sadowsky.

7. I've heard that he is compensated very well for his Letterman work. 6-figures well, but I may have bad info.

8. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
  9. shirojiro

shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    WOW!

Those sound clips rock!

10. tmt

tmt

Nov 10, 2001
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Yes, but he use also the sadowsky bass. The fretless perhaps.
    :rolleyes:

11. blamkin

blamkin

Nov 28, 2001
    Broomfield, Co
    Mmmm.... I'm a little confused. I'm also very interested in a Sadowsky (have been for months), but I would just assume that say a Vintage PJ would have several different sounds, as well as sounding different from something without the P type pickups...

:confused:

12. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    That's true... and he has a Fodera, too, among other things. Given that, I still stand by what I said... his signature sound, the sound most people associate with him, is a 77 Fender Jazz with a two band Bart preamp

:rolleyes:

13. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    True

14. tmt

tmt

Nov 10, 2001
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Well, he put the bart was recently, before that from 1997, he used the Sadowsky preamp.
    Again, I might be wrong.

:D

15. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    well, you are wrong:D

its always been a bart pre. roger was just the one that installed it. as nice as roger's basses may be, they dont come close to marcus' sound which is just the sound of a northern ash jazz.

16. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    The Bartolini was installed by Roger, long before he got Alex Aguilar to design his preamp.

17. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Two of these basses nail the MM sound. The Blue one has a J-Retro installed, the natural finish Ash one is a dead stock 78 model.

[​IMG]

18. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    I have a female friend who plays one of the 70's ash models and it definetly has he MM vibe to it when you hear it and it's stock.

19. A friend of mine's 4 string Sadowsky jazz absolutely nails the MM sound.

Jeff

20. MySadowsky swamp ash jazz nails the Marcus sound.

Re PJ: I played a PJ4 and PJ5 and it sounds very different than the jazz, of course. I want a alder body PJ4 and the one I tried had an ebony board; I will return it and order one with a rosewood board for a bit more warmth and add a premium figured maple top too.

That will be my 5th Sadowsky.:eek: