1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky strings....killer in so many ways

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by JimS, Jun 8, 2007.

1. You guys know I love Sadowsky guitars and basses. Heck, I have 5 with 2 more on the way. But I purchased some of his guitar and bass strings and they are indeed verrrrry nice. But now he's having a killer sale on them. I'm definitely ordering and thought I'd pass the info on.

http://www.sadowsky.com/

BTW, I'm not affiliated with Sadowsky and I pay for all my stuff. This isn't spam. It's passing information on what I think is a good deal. If I saw a sale on Aguilar heads for $400 or Metro's for $1200 I'd pass that along too.

2. barebones

barebones

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I'd like to try the Sadowsky flats. These sale prices don't look like much of a deal, though. A seller on Ebay has them for about $40 shipped, while they're priced at $42 before shipping on the website.

Matt

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I don't believe the flats are on sale. On their string page, is has to say "ON SALE" next to it.

I got 5 sets of light guage 4 string Nickels for $70 shipped.

That's, including shipping, only $14 a set.

My other string of choice is DR. light gauge 4 string Sunbeams would cost me $23.93 + shipping at Juststrings.com

I feel I made out like a bandit - won't have to buy strings for about a year now.

4. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado
    It looks like his out of stock of nearly everything.

5. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Someone said even though it said out of stock, you could still buy some of them.

Check it out

6. barebones

barebones

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO

Ah. I figured I must be missing something. Thanks.

Matt

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I wonder who makes Sadowksy strings...

8. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado
    ok. Thanks.

9. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    I know the makers of LaBella strings make their flats, don't know about the rounds.

Sadowsky flats are incredibly good sounding strings: I describe them as LaBella 760FLs with attitude i.e. more aggressive and growly, and less thumpy but with a very similar tonal balance and midrange voicing.

I love them on my Jazz because they are so versatile; you can tame them easily for a classic thumpy flat tone, or get them to cut and grind without overdrive in a busy mix where a traditional flat might be a little too tame.

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think that LaBellas or Sadowskys will go on my P-Bass next. I currently have some TI's on there, and I like them, but I also always like trying new things!

11. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    I LOVE the Sadowsky flats... I have them on my NYC PJ5.. They are the smoothest feeling flats that i have tried.. Darker sounding than Daddario Chromes, but the sadowskys have nice tension and they are polished mirror shinny.. I think they are expensive but the feel great!

12. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Unlike Chromes I find they sound good on all kinds of basses- I've had basses where the Chromes were perfect and others where the pronounced high mids just became grating and unmusical. The Sadowskys are very present without being particularly bright.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2021