1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky strings question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MCMLXI, Feb 22, 2013.

1. MCMLXI

MCMLXI

Feb 9, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    I just picked up this used Sadowsky NYC and am taking it be set up tomorrow. The strings need replacing and the action is a bit high for me.

Question for anyone that has used the Sadowsky strings - is there a big difference between the black and blue series? I've read what's on the Sadowsky site (http://sadowsky.com/strings/difference.html) but was looking for real world experience.

I'm currently using Fodera nickel ultralight (40 55 75 95) and figured I'd stay with a nickel string.

Just wondering.

Thanks for your input!

Attached Files:

2. Sadowsky's come shipped with Blue 45, 65, 85, 105 unless you request something else.

I like them well enough, but once they needing replacing I use DAdarrio Prosteels.
    I get better life out of them and I like the bright sound. My gut tells me that Prosteels will be more like the Blacks but I haven't tried them.

3. Hounddog

Hounddog Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    I was told the blacks are slightly stiffer/tighter feeling and not quite as bright as the blue. Blue steels came on my Bass and I liked them so much thats all I use on my Sadowsky Basses. You get a great deal if you buy 5 sets at a time.

4. MCMLXI

MCMLXI

Feb 9, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks for the opinions.

I just realized there is a "strings" forum.

My apologies. Still new to the site.