1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Strings; Where To Buy?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Stu L., Apr 8, 2009.

1. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Well, I fell in love with the Blue Label Steels, and can't seem to find them any closer than NYC. Bass Emporium has Black Labels in Austin, but not Blues. Any help?

2. BNM

BNM

Feb 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
    I buy them straight from the Sadowsky website.

3. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    As have I. Sorry for not being clear, but I would like to cut down on shipping time. I'd like to find a dealer in or around Texas if I can.

4. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    Bass Specialities and My Music Stuff have shops on Ebay that sell Sadowsky strings. In my experience, fast shipping from both.

5. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    +1 I have used these guys once or twice.

But, the best thing is to buy from Roger and crew and get a few sets. This will save time. I have found that the Blue Label SS strings last a while so 3 sets will keep you going. When you are down to one set left, buy 3 more!

I live in MA so it is only one day FedEx Ground to get stuff from the shop! Sorry didnt mean to rub it in! :D

6. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Thanks for the ideas guys. I like the idea of buying a few packs at once, but usually can't afford to do that :)

7. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    +1 Bass Specalties has the best price and best service of any eBay dealer I've dealt with when it comes to strings. He is my exclusive string guy now.

8. Just an idea. If you buy 5 sets at a time from Roger, you get a nice discount and 'shipping time' becomes a moot point, as long as you reorder before you use your last set (I understand that you need to come up with the cash, but the discount is worth it IMO). The shipping cost is about an even break compared to paying the taxes locally, and the 5 set discounted price makes these very high quality strings REALLY a good buy.