1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sadowsky Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by timidbassist, Aug 8, 2005.

1. What does anyone know about these? Anybody use them? Are they as good as I would assume they are having the Sadowsky name on them? Otherwise I guess my next question would be, if they arent, what would be the best string set for me? I play rock that could best be compared to Alter Bridge, 3 Doors Down, Papa Rouch. I used to just replace them with whatever I could find at the local music store, but I'm getting to be a much more mature player. Let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks!
    Dave

2. IIRC, the Sadowsky strings were developed with Richard Cocco or R Cocco string (formerly of DR, I believe). I would think that they would be similar to the R Cocco/DR strings but tweaked to Rodgers specs a bit.

-Chris

3. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I'm using a couple of sets of these, and they are quite good. They really shine on my Valenti jazz bass. For reference, I am a DR Lowrider guy traditionally, and these are similar.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I will only use them on my Sadowsky's, their packed with a long lifespan with just the right amount of tention.

5. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    They are quite bright. Nice modern snap. Tight lows. My only complaint is I did not like the way they sort of grinded over the frets. I am not a steel guy normally. But I prefer ProSteels because of their feel and I can get them 45-100.

Dave

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Sadowsky Bright Nickels are really bright and Sadowsky steels are even brighter! Quality is excellent, too.