Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by timidbassist, Aug 8, 2005.

1. What does anyone know about these? Anybody use them? Are they as good as I would assume they are having the Sadowsky name on them? Otherwise I guess my next question would be, if they arent, what would be the best string set for me? I play rock that could best be compared to Alter Bridge, 3 Doors Down, Papa Rouch. I used to just replace them with whatever I could find at the local music store, but I'm getting to be a much more mature player. Let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks!
    Dave

2. IIRC, the Sadowsky strings were developed with Richard Cocco or R Cocco string (formerly of DR, I believe). I would think that they would be similar to the R Cocco/DR strings but tweaked to Rodgers specs a bit.

-Chris

3. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I'm using a couple of sets of these, and they are quite good. They really shine on my Valenti jazz bass. For reference, I am a DR Lowrider guy traditionally, and these are similar.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I will only use them on my Sadowsky's, their packed with a long lifespan with just the right amount of tention.

5. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    They are quite bright. Nice modern snap. Tight lows. My only complaint is I did not like the way they sort of grinded over the frets. I am not a steel guy normally. But I prefer ProSteels because of their feel and I can get them 45-100.

Dave

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Sadowsky Bright Nickels are really bright and Sadowsky steels are even brighter! Quality is excellent, too.