Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Craig H, Sep 18, 2000.

1. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    They're cheap enough. ($15/set) Opinions?

2. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    I've heard that these are supposedly Labella Hard Rockin' Steels. I've never tried those but I hear they are pretty decent.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    There are only a few string manufacturers worldwide (GHS, James Howe(?) Industries (Rotosound), LaBella and some others).
    So most brands are just repackaged strings of those companies, in some cases made with custom specs or pre-selected in some way. Most are from GHS or one of the other manufacturers.

[Edited by JMX on 09-19-2000 at 08:30 AM]

4. They came on my Sadowsky PJ5 and I couldn't WAIT to get them off of there. Yechh! WAY bright, with that stainless steel "roughness" under the fingers that I hate. I put on D'Addario Slowounds instead and have been really pleased with them.

The Sadowsky strings would probably be great for someone who likes all the brightness they give and doesn't mind the feel under the fingers, but they definitely weren't right for ME.

5. Yup, I agree with you on this one "michaeln", D'Addario's Slowound are very nice strings. Clarity and punch and a nice feeling string under the fingers. Currently strung my bass with a SW3000 set.

Bert

6. THANK GOD FOR THE SEARCH ENGINE!

I was about to make a topic on this. Instead, I searched "Sadowsky Strings"...and my answers are before me. :D

So, you guys think they're too bright eh? You mean slap-bright? Or what?

I was going to order a pair this weekend...

7. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I don't think the Sad strings are too bright, in fact to my fingers they're less bright than MTD or Fodera. I actually really dig the snap they have on my sadowsky - they're a little bright on some basses I would agree.

Not only does every bass sound different with different strings, but every set of fingers do too. You gotta try em for yourself.