1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sadowsky trade feeler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by woolysock, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UPDATE: Happy to sell outright $1600 obo w case and North American shipping.

Last month I hooked up with a fellow TBer who has at least 35 basses. Made me crazy. Maybe a third of them were Sadowskys. And I think I played them all.

I'm raising two teenagers so there's no way I can afford a stable like that. But I would like to make the best of my resources.

I have a 4-string custom Kinal precision-style bass. Done. A 4-string American Vintage 62 re-issue Jazz bass. Done. And a fabulous 4-string Sadowsky, Metro #125. Done.

But wait a minute. I have two 4-string Jazz-style basses. Different yes, but similar. What I need is a Sadowsky 5-string.

Could be a Metro or a New York. Could be Alder/Rosewood or Ash/Maple. Could be Standard or Ultra Vintage. Could be any color.

As you can see, my bass is Candy Apple Red. Pictures don't do it justice. Maybe the low serial number will make it a collector. I dunno -- I think of it as a player. Certainly has been for me. I'd give it 9 out of 10 because the upper side of the neck pup cover has thumb-wear indentations. (No floating anchor technique for me ;-) You can see the slight indentation in the photo. I can Email more if you like. Otherwsie the bass is in perfect condition.

This bass comes with fresh DR High Beams and sounds terrific. Punchy, focused, thick.

All offers welcome.

Cheers!

2. Yes, yes, I'm open to a straight ahead sale too... $1600 obo.

Cheers!

3. Actually, only 6 were Sadowskys...;)

Free bump & good luck - your Metro is a great bass, and there've been a few USA 5s FS/FT on here lately, so I'm confident something will make an appearance soon.

Cheers,
    Brendan

4. Ha ha, and here I was trying to be discreet...
    Will we see you at Moosefest Tuesday?

5. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    And to think that Canadians are Detroit's Friendly Neighbors to the South! :ninja:

6. Last time I checked we were North. But still friendly ;-)

7. Here's some additional info from the Sadowsky website where an identical bass sold for $1895:

Wood: Alder
    Fingerboard: Morado
    Pickguard: None
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickups: Sadowsky Humcancelling J
    Weight: 8.55 lbs.

8. MaddAnthony_59

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    Look at a Map! Windsor is actually SOUTH of Detroit:smug:

Friendly is True enough though, especially for my 19 - 20 year old Comrades! (hic)

9. You are correct, sir! And yes, the city of Windsor appreciates your business.

:)

In our area, it's teenagers from northern Washington State who visit, looking for a legit boozefest. It's not quite as good a deal for them since the bottom fell out of the American dollar though...

Brendan

P.S. Rod, I may show up on Tuesday, depending on what time my coffeehouse gig is done.

10. "Look at a Map! Windsor is actually SOUTH of Detroit."

What would I know? I live in British Columbia ;-)

11. MaddAnthony_59

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    Well, for some of us, Windsor IS Canada! :bag:

My parents live in Oregon, and travel up to B.C. once or twice a year. They love it out there...My Dad plays bass too! (Kay upright...):hyper:

12. Mid-week bump. Found a 5-string I'd love to buy but need to sell this beauty first.

13. Thx for looking. Traded to a fellow TBer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.