Sadowsky ultra vintage ever try one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Any one every try one of these? How did it do?

2. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I got a awesome sadowsky ultra-vintage j-bass, olympic white - alder/brazilian rosewood, matching headstock, this is the bass i've ever played. Tonewise the bass in passive mode is extremely near to the great pre-cbs jazz tone (I have done my bits of shoot outs, believe me), very warm, resonant and sweet, but the sadowsky always seemed a bit more focused, balanced and with a bigger low end. The feel of the bass is similar to the pre-cbs as well, all round very great playability. With the sadowsky pre-amp you get all the modern options. I think if you desire that special vintage tone and look but also want what the modern electronics can offer, this bass will be hard to beat. I've never been happier with a purchase....maybe Nino Brown can add something to this thread, I would imagine he has played a lot...Jacob ;)
  3. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I got a new ultra vintage jazz bass from Sadowsky about a month ago, and the highest compliment I can give is that it was worth what I paid for it. Mine is lake placid blue with matching headstock, brazilian rosewood board, and I got the humcancelling pickups. I think Jacove's review nails the sound pretty well. Mine is very light but it sounds huge, and the fit and finish are flawless. Bassmonkeee and Dave Siff have played mine too, and they seemed to dig it. I don't think I'll ever need another jazz bass, which is why my Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn is for sale.
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

I don't own an ultra vintage but I had a chance to play one a couple months back when I visited the shop in NY. It was a precision in olympic white. Awesome. The neck was out of this world, tone was right on and the fit and finish exactly what you'd expect from Roger's crew. I couldn't justify another 4 banger but I think about that bass once and a while!!!:D

5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Thanks Guys, Anyone have a camera? Pics?

6. check Sadowsky's site for pics
  7. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    See "previous basses" on my web page. Perfectly constructed. Sounded great and was very playable. I sold it because I liked my Mod Q5 better (my taste) and could only have one upscale bass.