Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Ultra-Vintage P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tightbidness, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Does anyone own, or has anyone here played, a Sadowsky Ultra-Vintage P-Bass? How do these compare to the genuine article? Roger has incorporated several refinements and contemporary updates into the design. So is the Sadowsky a Precision on steroids like its J-Bass bretheren, or an attempt to nail the vintage P vibe. . . or both? I'm particularly interested to learn what vintage Precision afficianados think of the Sadowsky.

Also, has anyone here played the Lake Placid Blue P listed on Sadowsky's Website? Are these still $2900?

2. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I just bought a '72 P bass.......and it sounds just like a P Bass should. Go Figure.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I ordered a 5-string version and it's more than $2900. I'll let you know what I think as soon as I get it... lookin' at late March, early April (knock wood).

4. Cool. I look forward to reading your review this spring.

5. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I have an Ultra Vintage Sadowsky P Bass -
    Bursted with rosewood neck strung up with Sadowsky flats. 8.5lbs - chambered body.

Its another masterpiece from Roger Sadowsky's shop....once again Roger took a classic and made it better....

I get the great classic P tones from the Sadowsky..
    its very comfortable to play, its 100% perfect mechanically and it sets up very easily.....
    having the (bypassable) onboard electronics is very comforting..
    there is a ton of booty at my diposal...
    It has been my main P Bass when performing ...

but....

If I had to choose between my vintage Fender and the Sadowsky P I would choose the vintage Fender...
    very tough choice but theres nothing like a good old P Bass or J Bass...I think Roger would agree!

If you take one for a spin you will gas up real fast...

6. Hello!
    This is my first post here, just thought I would share my thoughts.... I bought the Coral Pink p-bass about 1/2 a year ago..(check on the archive section of the website) I searched the whole city for a good p-bass, then a drummer recommended Sadowskys...

Such a great bass... ultra warm, sounds so amazing through bigger rigs....

Plays incredible... the action and feel is so good, if needed, you can blaze on it... you can slap pop, tap very easily (the action is sooooo good!)

Of course, it sounds killer playing finger style, pick style (I guess traditional p-bass style!)

The bass has such a solid sound, but with the bass control, you can DESTROY people!!!!!

Just went on tour in the UK with it, the bass made every night so much fun!!! 100% worth every penny.

Hope this helps!!!

Peace,
    Darren

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Thanks for the reviews, guys! I believe I've seen both of your instruments on the Sadowsky site; they're gorgeous.

8. Yeah, another thing.... all of the notes, at every spot on the fretboard, rings out and is intonated perfect.... it's such a complete instrument.

Also, I play it with the Sadowsky stainless steel strings...

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    ... course, with roge's nickel flats, its even better... ;)

10. Yeah man, I have to try flats on it, but it might be a little to sick!!!!!!

Tell me when you are playing in the city, I'm always down to see live shows!!!

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The coral pink is pretty cool in a sick kind of way. Enjoy :bassist:

12. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

If you get a chance to try the Sadowsky strings you wont be disapointed...

13. Thanks for the reviews Darren and 57Pbass. I'm glad you enjoy the basses so much. Hopefully they'll have a UV P at Sadowsky when I visit the city in April.

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

+1 the Nickles rock big time :bassist: