Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky under construction

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by j.s.basuki, Feb 6, 2003.

1. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    This is the pic of the body , pure and simple colour with Tortoise pickguard, Brazilian fretboard and passive tone control:) :

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    JPJ likes! ;) I should have pics soon of my "do it yourself" project that will be virtually the same bass you're getting, but for $2,000 less. The only problem is that mine won't have a Sadowsky decal on the headstock like yours. If you want the best in jazz basses and price is irrelevant, you've chosen wisely. You should be extremely happy with the end result.

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

You just made a great decision. You'll never need another 4 string the rest of your playing days. Trust me! What fretboard? Pickups? More details? Enjoy. Sadowskys rule!!!!!!!!!!

Rob:D

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Very nice!!!! My Standard 4 should be ready in a week or 2!!!!!:D

BTW, I get to play your bass before you do!!!!!:p ;)

5. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Nino rules, too! I hope you and Roger liked the shirts and hats

Rob

6. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    This bass will have , Alder body, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, Jazz bridge Pick up and P neck p.u. with option to change if I am tired of P;) with J neck P.U. . So Roger will send me extra Pick Guard for J P.up plus J neck P.up.
    The Pick guard will all be Tortoise since I like this classic combination. Of course a passive tone control.
    I am fanatic to Sadowsky basses !!

This bass is to compliment my other Sadowsky Jazz.

7. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Very jealous. I used to have a standard 4 with a beautiful quilt top. I'd like to have it back. I'm loving my Modern 5 and I think I'm going to order a standard 5. I like Roger's pickups better than the EMG's. I play 5 string most of the time otherwise I'd be ordering another 4! Best of luck with the build:)

Rob