Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SADOWSKY USER NEW TO TB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gilbass, Jun 15, 2005.

1. gilbass

gilbass

Jun 15, 2005
    fife scotland uk
    Hi there guy`s, great to find a forum with so many sadowsky owners. I live in the uk and sadowsky`s are quite thin on the ground. back in may this year i bought my first sadowsky #4256, i`ve owned lots of great basses but nothing does it quite like the sadowsky jazz,in fact i was so impressed with their fine instruments and service that i ordered a 24 fret 5 last week. If any of you guy`s have any comments on the 24 i`d love to hear about them.

2. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    Welcome. You will find a lot of Sadowsky lovers here (they are a squirrely bunch :D )....

I've tried most Sadowsky models from NYC to Metro, and the only ones I really dug were the 24 Fret 5 models. More modern vibe than the rest, and the ones I played seemed to be more 'alive' than their vintage counterparts. That could all just be coincidence though...even the dealer thought they seemed to ring better though. Good choice for a high end fiver.

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Ive owned 12 all together and have 3 now. I prefer the jj models to the soapbar models. To each their own. Good luck and welcome to tb

Rob

4. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Welcome. Always nice to have another TBer around with good taste :D

5. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    You got the transparent blue one? Wow, I was eyeing that for quite a while. Very attractive, and I'm sure it sounds as good (better) than it looks.

6. gilbass

gilbass

Jun 15, 2005
    fife scotland uk
    Wow there really is tons of you sadowsky guy`s out there,
    here`s a shot of my one.

Attached Files:

7. Welcome to TB, from a non Sad owning UK TBer. :)

Regards

Matthew

8. Hi, I am also new to the forum and I too also own a Sadowsky Bass. She's a MV4 (number 129) in Maple with black scratch plate. I also use DR black beauty strings . Looks and sounds fantasic. More of a bass than I am a player. I tried the USA one as well back to back in the Bass Gallery when I brought it last June.

I personally perfered the Metro. I liked the 'feel' of it. I tried lots of basses (nearly brought a Lakland -nice basses) but this is the one for me. I've been playing for about 20 years now (clubs) and never before have I had people commenting on the great sound of the bass.

A guitarist friend of mine has just had a 'lefty' guitar handmade by Roger. knocks me socks orf LOL.

9. gilbass

gilbass

Jun 15, 2005
    fife scotland uk
    hi mate, heard great things about the metro,never had the chance to try one yet but sounds good.When you refer to the bass gallery, do you mean martin`s place in camden london.Great to hear from you.

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm also a new member in the Sadowsky club, and I'ma staying! Mine looks like your blue one, but without the quilting.

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I was going to say, Rule #1. No pics, no bass. Then I was going to make it real for you, but you already did, but I will anyway.

[​IMG]

12. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Mine Gilbass. Same axe, diff color

Rob

13. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Can't pass up a chance to show off my 1990 P/J :D

Attached Files:

14. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Welcome to TB fellow Sadowskyite!

15. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    :eek:

That is one of the most flawless looking bursts ever.

16. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    What a beauty!

17. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Welcome to TB fellow Sadowsky lover.
    I'm # 243, so I guess you need to figure out you # eh?!??!

18. That's a beautiful bass!!!... I want one!!!

19. gilbass

gilbass

Jun 15, 2005
    fife scotland uk
    bikeplate and berklee`s sadowsky`s are beautiful but aren`t they all, nice one guy`s

20. Hi Gilbass,

yes, my first visit to the Bass Gallery Camden. Alex / Martin...what nice people. Nothing was too much bother, I would recommend a visit to you guys if you haven't been there. How do I post a photo of my Sad? can someone write me an idiots guide as I'm new at this (old dog-new tricks LOL). BTW, I agree with you guys, berklee 46, that is a beautiful bass!!

Do I feel the start of a sadowsky owners club? :p