SOLD Sadowsky UV70 - 4 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Frank Hanson, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Frank Hanson

Frank Hanson Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Keizer, OR
    Price:
    Strings:
    20190707_184921.jpg 20190707_184946.jpg 20190707_185016.jpg 20190707_185024.jpg 20190707_185042.jpg 20190707_185049.jpg I have to sell something, and I've run out of options. I would really like to sell local, because shipping from here always seems so expensive. I've reduced the price to $2000 shipped and $1950 if you pick it up. This is a great price for an essentially unused bass. I am not a performing bass player, so it has only seen daylight to take the pictures outside. If you want a new condition UV 70, here it is. It is on the heavy side at about 11 lbs. since it is unchambered, but the sustain and depth of the notes are incredible. It will be shipped in the original case, in the original box. The only thing non-original are the strings (I like DR strings). PM me with any questions. The only way you will get one in better condition is to pick it up before it hits a show room floor. The plastic is still on the pick guard.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    BLYN, unresolved, Sm_ill and 10 others like this.
  2. Gorilla on Bass

Gorilla on Bass

Aug 24, 2004
    Sweet bass! By the way, where was this particular bass made?

KenMoore05 likes this.
  3. Frank Hanson

Jan 1, 2007
    Keizer, OR
    Any more interest? Send me a message if you have an offer.

4. Blocked and bound?! Beautiful!

kwdhsk likes this.
  5. Frank Hanson

Jan 1, 2007
    Keizer, OR
    Thanks. The build is better than it looks. It is better than any Fender I've had and on par to the MTD if have.

wiltflea and KenMoore05 like this.
  6. wiltflea

wiltflea Guest

Apr 15, 2015
    All Sadowsky’s are superior to Fenders

fergybass, gorneyg and KenMoore05 like this.
  7. Frank Hanson

Jan 1, 2007
    Keizer, OR
    So... what do I need to do to get you into this Sadowsky today??? Local sales can save a lot without the shipping. Shipping from here is ridiculous.

8. MaccaMan1964

MaccaMan1964 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Moved to Miami
    Hi! I suspect the only reason this is here is the weight! But, I’ll bet it sounds thunderous!!

9. Frank Hanson

Jan 1, 2007
    Keizer, OR
    It is a beast, but I don't play out, so that doesn't bother me. I recently put Black Beauties by DR strings on it and it sounds great and looks incredible.

10. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    it is a killer bass!!! times are just tight and it is Christmas. I wouldn't think the weight would bother anyone, unless you are a little girl. HA HA
    keep it up i am sure someone will get it. really nice. Made in japan is a plus in my book. good luck buddy.

11. cfcbassman

cfcbassman

Dec 18, 2014
    Connecticut
    none
    Thanks for the sale, Frank! I'm sure I'll love learning to slap on this Beauty! It's funny that I came across your post here AFTER I bought the bass yesterday. LOL!
    Btw: What turned me onto this bass is the fact that a little girl (Tal Wilkenfeld) handles this "heavy" bass without issue.

I'm 6'2" and a bit north of 60 years old and had played a Warwick Thumb 5 BO on a worship team at our church, but no more than hour, which I was grateful for as that bass is a bit heavy in its own rite but those days are long gone. So I don't play out either, and so, like Frank, for the most part, I'll be enjoying this UV70 in my home studio. Thanks again Frank! Can't wait 'till Jan 6th!

Happy Holidays everyone. :bassist:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    kwdhsk likes this.
  12. Frank Hanson

Jan 1, 2007
    Keizer, OR
    I'm glad to sell it to someone who appreciates quality. I can't buy into the lighter is better mentality and this hefty bass sounds amazing. My favorite bass I ever had was a Gibson Les Paul bass, I sadly sold many years ago, and that thing was an anchor. I don't know the weight, but it put this one to shame. It is all in how the wood reacts to the strings and you will be very pleased with this bass.

13. cfcbassman

cfcbassman

Dec 18, 2014
    Connecticut
    none
    I agree Frank. I am also working on displaying my basses (and 1 ea electric and acoustic guitars) on my wall to help motivate me to keep practicing and learning. I've become quite stagnant and as we discussed, having easy access to my instruments should make it easier to get back into the groove... pardon the pun. And having them hanging on the wall in relative safety rather being hidden in their cases will make an interesting display. My wall area is somewhat limited and with the studs 16" on center, it might be difficult to place all 5 guitars in one area. I have decided on a diamondlife slat setup. Compact at 48" long and able to hold 6 to 8 guitars side by side. See attached pic. And each hook is rated at 15lbs, so holding up the UV70 shouldn't be a problem.

https://diamondlifegear.com/images/gallery/guitar_hanger_2016/guitar-hanger-1-133213-FULL.jpg

I could always add the Hercules wall hangers underneath if there is room. Thanks for your input on that.
    Enjoy the holidays.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021