Sadowsky UV70 first gig review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    yesturday i had two gigs. the afternoon gig was an outside event in the 95 degree hot and sweaty cincy humidity. i was running late and used an amp that wasnt mine (a vintage kustom 3x15 with the the black foam on the side). i plugged in and set my controls on the sadowsky v-cranked/blend-all bridge pup/tone-on about 3/4 of the way up/bass-about 8/treble-about 7. i played one 10 note riff and the soundguy said he had it. i got the nastyest geedy lee type tone. i couldnt believe it. every note stood out crisp and clear. the gig was with my old classic rock/blues band and after the two hour and 15 min sweaty set every band member came up to me and told me theyve never heard me play so good and the bass sound was unbelievable!!! i had to hurry and get out of there cause i had a gig across town with my current band. this show was at a huge sports bar type place. he hired the best sound guy in town for this gig because its one of the best cover band gigs in town. i use a ashdown abm500 and a genz benz 6x10. this was my first chance to use the sadowsky through my main rig. i pretty muck used the same settings i used at the outside gig except i gave it a little more neck pickup. i cant believe how meaty that bridge pickup is. i cant imagine a p/j setup. i do have a chrome pickup cover over that pickup and i swear it gives it a low octive ttpe effect or something. well back to the gig, we played our 3 hour set to a packed house with the dance floor filled most of the night. the sound guy had us cranked. at the end of the show the sound guy came up on stage while i was tearing down and walked straight to me and his exact words were "dude, ive never heard a jazz bass sound that great. it was so easy to set on the board and stayed perfect all night,what all are you using to get that sound?" i told him guitar-cord-amp out my ashdowns di into the board, thats it. he said ive never heard a jazz bass like that. i said its not a jazz bass, its a sadowsky. he said a sad-WHAT???? :meh:
  2. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh man gotta get me one of those!
  3. Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    plus i forgot to ad, i had about 100 people comment about how beautiful it is. i guess im the only person in cincinnati that has one cause nobody heard of the sadowsky name before. everyone just kept saying "thats the coolest fender ive ever seen".
  4. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    good on yuh, mate!'s not that no one else has's that most buckeyes aren't the sharpest tools in the kit... :p
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Great to hear. My RV4 has gotten compliments from the soundmen in every venue we've played so far.
  6. Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    *Hijack Thread On*

Hey Woodchuck, hows things going? Everyones asking about you at Zender's site, you ain't posted in a while. Good to see you're still round.

*Hijack Off*

Lovely bass by the way matey! Won't be long now till I've got my Sadowsky Metro RV-5 in my hands!