Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Vintage 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joelc73, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Hey guys, I need your help again. I'm thinking about picking up a Sadowsky vintage 5 as part of a trade. I've played other Sadwoskys, but not this model. What's the verdict on them? The good, the bad, and the ugly...

Thanks again!

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    they are very bad instrument...
    can you give me the guy phone number please??

:)

I really don't think you can go wrong with a Sadowsky, I owned one for the last 6 years, four string though, incredible basses.

3. I have a Vintage 5. Best fretted bass I've owned or played. It always sounds "right". For me, the only downside is that I'm having trouble justifying buying another fretted ;)

Don't know how you could go wrong.

Let us know what you decide.

Jeff

4. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    Sadowsky has the best tone and electronic, Lakland excellent in playability but do not have the tone like Sadowsky. You definitely can't go wrong. I never search for any other fretted bass. Now I play only this bass, all my collection of high end basses either in my closet or up for sale.
    Combine with Eden head and Acme Cab is all the tone I always looking for, my SWR and Ampeg only for back up.

5. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Thanks for the advice. The Sadowsky arrives tomorrow; I'll let you know how it goes.