Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Vintage 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mikezimmerman, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Hello all,

I've got a beautiful Sadowsky Vintage 5, in sunburst with a mint guard and a morado fretboard. This one has the Sadowsky humbuckers and additional vintage tone control. It's in near-mint condition, and is simply the nicest playing and sounding Jazz I've laid hands on.

However, I've blown too much on gear lately and need to pay off some bills. The Sad has been my main gigging bass ever since I got it--it just works, in almost any setting--but since I can't bring myself to sell the Nordie again and I have a DJ5 that can do the Jazz Bass thing (though not with as much comfort and refinement!), this one needs to go.

Asking $2300 plus shipping with Sadowsky ultralight case. Email me for pictures, and I'll try to get some posted this evening.

Mike

2. Here's a pic--I have a few more:

[​IMG]

3. Can you post some more pix.

I sent you an email.

Jonathan Starr

4. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Hey Jonathan,
    Wanna sell me back my Sadowsky?!?!
    Or I'll cut you a deal for my Fodera....Sadowsky + a little cash maybe???
    Didn't mean to highjack the thread Mike!
    Ash body???
    But it is a sweet bass, so......BUMP!!! :D

5. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Oooooo......Ash with rosewood good! :)
    On hold, lemme guess......Jonathan right?!?!

6. Noh... I'm hunting for a nice lightweight alder/rw or alder/morado to complement the great ash/maple one. As for getting that one back, Mike, I would have to echo Charlton Heston's "pry it from my cold, dead, hands..."

You can come to Maui and borrow it anytime, however.

I hope yours finds a great home, Mike Z; it's a beauty and I hope the new owner cherishes it like I do my ash/maple M5.

Aloha,

Jonathan

7. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I'm going to remember this next time I think about selling a bass I dig....