1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sadowsky Vintage Jazz 5 3-tone Sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by HAM, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAM

HAM

Oct 22, 2006
    Elmwood Park, IL
    SOLD!!!

I need to purchase a fully carved upright bass and am therefore offering two basses for sale the following being the first. I have owned many expensive top of the line electric basses but these two out did them all. NO TRADES.

Sadowsky Vintage Jazz 5 3-tone Sunburst - $2600

This bass is in excellent condition with only a ding that was repair by the previous owner. I am amazed at how this bass soundsÂ… definitely like no other and it will be eventually replaced. It includes the custom Sadowsky soft case.

Serious inquiries only please.

Thanks!

2. HAM

HAM

Oct 22, 2006
    Elmwood Park, IL
    Guys, will try to get a better picture of the ding... My camera lens goes blurred when I try to get in closer.

3. Kubs

Kubs

Jul 26, 2006
    Prague
    sorry for OT but I am fascinated how you guys here on TB (or in USA) are so concerned in dings....ding has nothing to do with sound, playability(yes maybe 5cm long and 1 cm deep on neck could be problem :D) or anything else for what is bass made ;) its just cosmetic and if somebody looks at you from more than half meter never can see such kind of dings......I know that somebody can be picky about dings when buying bass but its nonsense-he should pay for new and dont mess with dings on used...bass is made to play not to be in vitrine and showing "hey Iam dingfree never played beauty..."

So bump for perfect bass!!!!

4. HAM

HAM

Oct 22, 2006
    Elmwood Park, IL
    KUBS - Hey man, you are REAL!!! I used to get so hung up on that that it got to be disturbing! Get close to any great guitar or bass player and tell me what you see when you look at their axels? Ding a la galore... It is what it is... take it or leave it.

THANKS FOR KEEPING IT REAL!

5. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I agree with you on the dings.. I really don't care about a few dings as long as it does not affect playability, to me it adds character.. So another bump for a great bass...:bassist:

6. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I agree here. And the other night I started REALLY digging in and the top of my index finger on my picking hand started bleeding. By the end I had blood all over the rear of my buttercream SR4. LOOKED AWESOME:bassist:

PS: Nice axe!

7. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I don't care about dings on my basses but when I put them up for sale the dings need to be mentioned. A good, honest seller doesn't want the buyer to have any surprises.

8. funkybe

funkybe Everything is Everything.

Aug 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    you hit the nail on the head. full disclosure is good for all parties involved.

9. HAM

HAM

Oct 22, 2006
    Elmwood Park, IL
    Thanks for the comments!

10. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Hi
    Just curious, what is the body wood and board type.
    Looks like Moroado on the board.
    Thanks

11. Ronen

Ronen

Feb 9, 2003
    Milky Way Galaxy
  12. Bump for a good, honest guy to deal with. Wow, what a sweet bass too!

13. HAM

HAM

Oct 22, 2006
    Elmwood Park, IL
    smeet, check your PM...

14. HAM

HAM

Oct 22, 2006
    Elmwood Park, IL
    smeet, we may be good to go...

15. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member