1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sadowsky Vintage Style Singlecut Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

I like this design, and I would love to see these pickups on a regular Sadowsky, especially a Metro.

wmmj and 5StringPocket like this.
  2. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I like that solution to the 60s/70s pickup quandry. (I tried achieving something similar with a Bartolini MusicMan-style quad-coil soapbar but the dimensions only allowed one of the coil pairs to be in the exact Jazz Bass location.) Gotta admit though, aesthetically I prefer the Sadowsky singlecut body on their rear-loaded Modern basses more than that Vintage model.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  3. WorktheWood

WorktheWood Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2014
    I like the idea behind the pickup but I'd need to hear it before ordering one. I just don't like spilt coil style jazz pickups as they don't sound like true single coils and are usually too mid scooped. I think it might be cool if both the coils were true single coils. You wouldn't be able to use it in dual coil mode because both would need to be the same polarity to hum cancel with the neck coil.

4. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I dig it, but would prefer one with a fancy top and no pickguard. Don't care for the blue one in the video though.

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    The fancy top with no guard is the one over his shoulder in the video.

It's kind of cool. I dig it. I even like that bright blue.

6. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    No, I mean a fancy top with the vintage pickups.

7. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Ah. Got it.

8. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    The Hammersmith I have coming was ordered with a similar thing going on. It has a Seymour Duncan NYC at the bridge and a single/series/parallel switch to put it to good use.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    MarkoYYZ likes this.
  9. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    I hear ya, like the concept and a very cool bass but $5100 is above my budget. A Metro version would be affordable to many more players.

10. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I did not know it is $5,100. NYC Sadowskys have really become expensive.