Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky vs Sans Amp Bass Driver

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FretGrinder, Mar 22, 2001.

1. What are the differences between these two pre-amps (i mean mainly the footswitchnig outboards), in terms of tone, cost and application?

I have a BBDI :D i use for a semi-overdriven sound, and kinda wish i had another preamp so i could have one always on for a nice clean tone, and another for getting heavy with it ... what about bass -->sadowsky-->BDDI?

2. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    You may want to do a search, there are numerous threads on both, and from what I've read on the Sadowsky, and what I have read and from my own experience with the SABD, you are not going to find much negative feedback on either one. I use my SABD without the overdrive cranked, and it is pretty clean and sweet in itself.

3. Yeah I got a SABDDI, i run it with a range of clean/OD settings - it's sweet. I was considering getting a Sadowsky and using it as a clean tone shaper so my sound is good clean, and having the BDDI as a stomp-box for "loud and dirty" - or getting a Fulltone BassDrive and using it as an OD and using the BDDI as a clean channel (always on) tone shaper ... ?