Sadowsky vs Sans Amp Bass Driver

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FretGrinder, Mar 22, 2001.

1. What are the differences between these two pre-amps (i mean mainly the footswitchnig outboards), in terms of tone, cost and application?

I have a BBDI :D i use for a semi-overdriven sound, and kinda wish i had another preamp so i could have one always on for a nice clean tone, and another for getting heavy with it ... what about bass -->sadowsky-->BDDI?
  2. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    You may want to do a search, there are numerous threads on both, and from what I've read on the Sadowsky, and what I have read and from my own experience with the SABD, you are not going to find much negative feedback on either one. I use my SABD without the overdrive cranked, and it is pretty clean and sweet in itself.
  3. Yeah I got a SABDDI, i run it with a range of clean/OD settings - it's sweet. I was considering getting a Sadowsky and using it as a clean tone shaper so my sound is good clean, and having the BDDI as a stomp-box for "loud and dirty" - or getting a Fulltone BassDrive and using it as an OD and using the BDDI as a clean channel (always on) tone shaper ... ?