1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Sadowsky Will Lee 5 alder rosewood

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by richst, Dec 8, 2018.

1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Price:
    $2000
    Strings:
    I've wanted to try one of these Will Lee 5's for a while and since I was in the market for an alder rosewood J bass......... I was drawn to the WL because of the 1 3/4" nut and I love Sadowsky basses. It's an awesome bass but it's redundant for me. I have too many modern sounding Jazz basses already. I was looking for more of an old school Fender jazz bass sound. This bass can do it pretty well but it's more of a modern sound than I'm looking for. Slightly compressed with a warm bottom end but has the Sadowsky pre so it can do the slap thing nicely also. The mid boost section is really cool. I found myself using it for all kinds of stuff (boost for solos, bridge PU bark with both pickups on, need to cut through just a little more etc.). Pretty lightweight at just under 9lbs. Comes with a Sadowsky semi hard case. I did a fret dress, lightly oiled the FB with linseed oil and put a fresh set of DR Fat Beams on it. Set up with medium action. Plays amazing and no dead spots. I'm really looking for an older alder/rosewood 4 string Jazz bass or something similar. I can trade up or down depending. Otherwise, just looking to get what I paid for it less than a month ago. Small ding on the front and some slight indents on the back of the neck. I have not noticed them since I've had it (I've done half a dozen gigs with it). You can see the pic. Comes with Schaller straplocks, allen key and headstock mount (new in the shrinkwrap)and a sadowsky headstock protector thingy for hanging it on the wall or stand. It will be well packed and shipped fedex ground insured. $2k shipped to lower 48. Actual charges elsewhere. Thanks.

Attached Files:

JLY and nbsipics like this.
  2. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I’ve had a few questions why it needed a fret dress. It didn’t. I should have said polish, not dress. It was a little dirty so I polished the frets when I did the full setup. Frets are in great shape.

Chef likes this.
  3. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I think I'm going to pull this for now. thanks for all the offers.