Sadowsky ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ostur, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Ostur

Dec 21, 2004
    I've been saving for a sadowsky ultra-vintage 4 string P bass,and I just want some feedback about the company,I just got 2 sets of sadowsky strings,and I like the sound but on one set the g string is dead,I call sadowsky and tell them the situation,and I have to send the strings back to where I bought them and get a replacement from the store (have you ever done that and gotten anything but an S O L reply ? )my feeling is that if sadowsky is that way about a $3 g string,what can I expect if I have problems with a $3000 bass.
  2. Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't know if it's necessarily that...Maybe they don't stock the strings in the shop, so they can't send you a replacement. Maybe the paperwork required is ridiculous for a return of a set of strings. Maybe the proper channel is to go back to the store, and then the store gives you a new set, and then gets a credit from Sadowsky.
  3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I can assure you that his services on basses is flawless, I have dealt with both Roger and Mike at Pedula, and they are among the best in the business! Roger may not even warehouse his strings, they are made for him by R. Cocco I believe, so in a way it's a seperate issue. I'm sure he will stand behind them, I mail order mine from Sadowsky, if you got them from a store they will probably replace. Roger is also pretty picky about his dealers! If you have a problem with the dealer call Roger immediatley! Now there have some dealers dumping his strings on Ebay, that is a different issue. I wouldn't blame him at all on that one, they may not even be his strings!
  4. You never have to think twice about acquiring a Sadowsky because the customer service is more than excellent.

In my experience, the same goes for MTD, Lakland, Roscoe, Zon, Lull, Turner, NS to name a few.

These fine folks are much more concerned with doing the right thing and keeping perfect instruments in players hands than in raking in every possible buck.

5. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    I'm not sure who you spoke to. Just call or email the shop and we will replace the defective string or set.

6. Ostur

Dec 21, 2004
    Roger: Thankyou for your reply,you answered my question,they are some of the best sounding strings I have ever used,especially on a warwick thumbolt 5,that is the nicest sounding B string,I will only buy from one dealer,but in my opinion if I have a problem with a string I should not have to mail the set back and wait till they get some in stock to get a replacement,I have deblt with so many companies that just don't care,that I just got the wrong person this time and over reacted,but its nice to know that you cared enough to reply,one of your basses is still on my list.
  7. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    Just remember---the string guarantee is from Sadowsky, not from the retailer. Just let us know the problem and what you need replaced and we will take care of it.

8. AGF

AGF Guest

Mar 10, 2005

What is the email...can you tell me...
  9. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Click on his name next to his avatar and select "View Public Profile" then click the link that says "Send a message via email to Sadowsky"