Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by msangster, May 25, 2005.

1. Do Sadowskys with Rosewood fingerboards slap very well?

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hell yeah! However, it depends on you. A Porsche is a fast car, but if the driver isn't a good driver, then the Porsche isn't very fast. ;)

3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'd like to see some opinions on this also. C'mon guys, lets
    cough up some words here.

4. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    My RW/Alder PJ5 has a slap sound that is worthy of the Sadowsky name and reputation as a slap monster....

You can start P P/U only in passive and get all the old school slap tones you could ever need....and take that all the way through to running active both P/U's even about 50% boost on the preamp and 1.5K cut at the amp and get all the "Fenderesque" modern tones.

It's not quite stringy enough to get Marcus Miller Bright or Tobias/MTD bright but...it will more than hold it's own right up to it.

Sorry but....if you don't like the sound of a Sadowsky bass guitar...you just don't like the sound of a bass guitar.

5. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Mine sounds great but I like a darker slap tone anyway, the rosewood gives a lot more richness in my opinion. Maple is a little too bright for my taste. BTW this is only when recording, the whole rosewood/maple comparison is pretty academic in a live setting because I dont think you (or the audience) will tell teh difference with all the other instruments adding their 2 cents. Rosewood = easier to keep clean to!

6. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Just to correct you, my porsche is very fast and I'm a crap driver ! :D

7. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Best I've ever had :bassist: Sweet, clean, musical slap tones.

8. Absolutely.

My Sadowsky PJ4 with Braz rw board has a great slap tone.

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

YES

Rob

10. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    My preferred choice is rosewood.
    It takes away some of the barky-ness and still allows nice smooth highs to dance on through.
    I have and have had maple, and it's nice too, but I feel the RW is the way to go.
    I recieved many compliments on my slap tone with my rosewood alder combo.