Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SADOWSKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ElMon, Jul 12, 2005.

1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    SADOWSKY: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

MTD: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

ME: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

Everything anyone has ever said about these basses is true. Read every positive post you can find, and you will know that it's name is Sadowsky when it lays its vengeangce upon thee!!!!
    Beware all who travel. If your a groove oriented, in the pocket bassplayer, get one now.

2. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Uh, wait....was I playing my Sadowsky that loud? In any case I am glad that you like it...er... or whatever you meant.

Join the rest of us Sadowskites...I assume from your apparent excitement that you meant you have just become the proud owner of a Sadowsky bass?

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Thanks for the advice.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Sadowsky basses rock.

MTD basses rock.

I've owned both, enjoyed both, and can't say one's better than the other.

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    wow... another sadowsky thread... how exciting...

:meh:

;) (j/k)

6. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    So is it a safe assumption that you have a sadowsky now? I'm asking because I am not aware of anyone else in the OKC area with one, and I would kinda like to hear/try one. Do you still have your MTD?

7. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Sorry, I had the Sadowsky, and could only respond in mildly inexpresive smiley faces. Yes, I now have a Sadowsky, and wish I could afford to have both basses. However, I have to say that the Sadowsky fits me better. I can't get quite the low action setup, but the higher action on a 34'' inch scale makes it feel better, and faster.

If you want to hear a metro, let me know and I'll bring it up to GC. The bass response on this instrument is huge, almost too much. I like how the bass control allows for a punchy bridge pickup setting with out the thin "jaco" midrange I notice on most jazz style instruments. Question for other Sadowskians: how do they sound with sad flats on em?

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    You don't get congratulated until we see pictures. I never congratulate someone for an "imaginary" Sadowsky! :D

9. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    If you did, I would be getting props daily. :)

10. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    +1

11. But it is the best. Like the best of the old, Fender, but with the best of the new technology, and the skill of an artist.

12. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I don't have a digital camera anymore, and the only pics I have are posted under fellow tb'er simongpaez for sale post. I traded my MTD 535 for his MV5. I don't think the Metro series is meant to be drooled over like the work of Mike Tobias is. My temporary GAS fix was always to listen to the clips at basstasters.com. Now I finally have a bass that attracts my ears first and my eyes second. Anyways, I guess I can't technically prove it, but my new Sadowsky is rocking my face off as I type this reply one handed

13. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ

Who could ask for more?

I wonder if some of these constant Sad thread starters are gonna get some kind of discount on their next Sad for all of their advertising. :)

(In case you don't know I'm only joking with the above statement.)