Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TGEvans, Mar 10, 2006.

1. I have just fallen in love with the look of the Sadowsky P5.I think I really want one.Could anyone give me their experiences of the P5 and any other Sadowsky bass that they own.Thanks Tim.I am trying to find as much information on them as possible before I go in for the Buy.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice little review in the last issue of Bass Guitar.

but i love my PJ-5.

3. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I was talking it over with a friend of mine who owns 2 Sadowskys. We have decided that Sadowsky is the only manufacurer that has come up with a fender style headstock I like as much or more than the original. :D

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I own and love my P5. I've spoken about it numerous times... maybe you could search for my posts on Sadowsky. To sum up: it's alder body, with birdseye maple fingerboard. Finish is bassic (sic) black. Fit and finish are spectacular. Neck profile is not too slim, not too chunky... fits my hands very well. Playability is extremely comfortable. It has just one pickup, but with the 2-band EQ and vintage tone control it gives a nice variety of tones. Sounds great when slapped (even though I don't slap it much). No significant dead spots. Weight is nice and light... definitely less than 9 pounds (have never measured it). Overall, it has the Sadowsky tone rather than the Fender tone. They're somewhat similar, but Sadowsky basses tend to have a more modern tone than Fenders. The big payoff is when playing down in the lower register, particularly below low E: notes are clearer. The caveat is that you probably shouldn't spend the money on a Sadowsky if you gotta gotta have the vintage Fender tone. Again, the Sadowsky and Fender tones are similar... I don't want to say that the Sadowsky P-bass sounds nothing like a Fender P-bass.

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Great cutting P tone , excellent quality. :bassist:

6. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

That's beautiful. I'd love to have one of those in burgundy burst, maybe with an ebony board. Mmmmm.

7. svtb15

svtb15 Commercial User

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    The best of both worlds is a sadowsky for the more sadowky/Fender sound and an Alleva Coppolo for the more vintage/real fender sound without the inconsistensies of a fender/