1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sadowskys are ridiculously overrated.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Matt Call, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Okay... April Fools...

Sorry guys. My MV-5 will be here on Wednesday. I spent almost two hours with it on Thursday at the Bass Exchange, A/Bing it against several other basses. I'm so excited, I had to wait almost two years to play one! I tried to find fault in it, I did. I played as many Fender Jazzes as I could, and none of them even came close.

I've found "the bass."

I don't know if I'm going to make it these next few days. Seriously. I need help.

[​IMG]

2. wow thats one of the nicest sadowskys i've ever seen... when i was in the market for a jazz bass until i played them and didnt like the necks that much, i would have killed someone for a white with tort pickguard and maple neck... i really want to try out a 5 string jazz bass since the neck maybe be a little wider.

once again killer bass man, make sure to post a review and more pictures... and maybe a sound clip or two.

3. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I forgot... Its April Fools. :confused:
    I really love that Sadowsky!
    Dan

4. Very nice!! The white and tort go great together.

5. Ooh...white with red tort. SEXY.

Off-topic:
    Bernie, how can you, as a resident of Da Region, have that horrible avatar? HORRIBLE.

[​IMG]

6. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Da Region .... haven't heard that for awhile

7. Haha :D

Yeah, I catch flack for that quite often from alot of the guys.

-Bernie

8. My mom's from Lansing and Munster and my grandfather was born and raised in Hammond. I'm a Southsider by blood, man.

9. Cool! Been around Hammond more than once.

10. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    That is my current favorite colour combo for a jazz style bass now (with either a maple or rosewood fingerboard). A real beauty!

11. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Hot bass. Play the heck out of it

Rob

12. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Ugh... 3 more days.

The funniest thing is, when I was playing it, my dad noticed the huge smile on my face. Afterward, he asked if I wanted to check out any other stores. When I said no...

Let's just say that he knows how much I'm anticipating this.

I also decided, as of last night, that I'm not spending any more money on gear. Let me rephrase that: The only money that goes into gear from here on out is money that comes out of it (i.e. giving lessons, gigs, CD sales, etc.).

Full-Body Pic:

[​IMG]

13. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Gorgeous Bass BRO! Very Classy. Enjoy;)

14. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Cool, the bassexchange is a very cool place. I haven't been in awhile since a nice localshop opened up and it's also got a nice selection. Enjoy the sadowsky, I've been checking their website and before you even posted I saved the pic of that bass on my comp, it's seriously hot. I'm sure one of those running into a db750 will be absolutely sick.

15. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Very nice. Of course, we will want sound clips!

16. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    No Doubt. A Sadowsky plugged into a DB750 sounds DUBARIFFIC!

17. I was just wondering how you could possibly have such a high-end setup at your age.

edit: holy crap I just noticed your "previously owned" category. What the hell, man?

18. See: Jar. Mor., f. carn.

19. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hmm...let's see...what's the word the cool kids use in situations like this? "pwned"?

20. When I was 17 I considered myself incredibly lucky to be rockin' a Czech-made Dean fiver, a VERY well-used Ampeg SVT-III, and a secondhand Eden D-210T that reeked of smoke (tobacco and marijuana). Of course, I was a college sophomore, so I was at a pretty different life stage from most kids my age, but I was still doing pretty damn well for myself.

OpaqueBass, I'm not begrudging your parents' generosity--Lord only knows that our instrument is pretty cheap when you compare it to a decent violin or cello, and I've known plenty of kids whose not-terribly-affluent parents don't bat an eye at dropping $10k on one of those--but 17 is an awfully young age to have GAS.