Sadowsky's new "Gig Bag"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Steve, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Just got mine.

Un-friggan-believable! It really IS the nicest gig bag in the world.

Although in fairness to all the lesser gig's much more case than bag.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  2. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Who makes them?
  3. Are you refering to the Incase gig bag they sell? I bought one a couple of weeks ago and it's the nicest case I've run across. I should have realized anything with Rogers name on it would be top quality. I now only use thier regular case for long road trips.
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

I love my Sadowsky Incase. Its all I use. Light, supersafe, easy to transport.

5. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I bought an Incase last year and don't think the item is accurately described as a gig bag. It's a reasonably good soft case, but IMO it's not a good gig bag. I hit a lot of jam sessions where there is sometimes not a lot of room to lay a case out horizonally so it didn't suit my usage and the adjustable neck pad velcro wasn't well located. I sent it back for a refund.
  6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    For some unknown reason I got my Brubaker six back from Bass Player magazine in an Incase bag instead of the hardshell case it shipped with.

It has a ton of places to store stuff but since it's already on the heavy side vs. a gigbag that's of little use to me.

I still use my Precision leather look bags, they take up very little space when empty and are easier to load into the car.
  7. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Does anyone use the Incase Dub bag or the Tour Bag? From what I can see the Tour Bag has lots of storage space but I like the idea of a Dub bag since more and more I am carrying two basses to the gig. Anyone had a chance to see all three close up and list pros and cons of each?
  8. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Incase is discontinuing their gig bags. They're going back to making bags for laptops and stuff. If you've got one and you love it, hang onto it because there will be no more.

Personally I prefer my Undercover gig bags. The Incase is really more case than gig bag. I don't like that the top is far heavier than the bottom, even with just a strap, cable and a set of strings or two. It becomes unwieldy when you unzip the bag while the bass is standing vertically. Bugs me.

So, when Sadowsky runs out of the Incases in stock, they'll be going back to a traditional gig bag. I've suggested that they buy their new bags from Undercover, and I hope they take my advice. ( ;) Nino, Roger?)
  9. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Would the low loaded up Tour Bag be better then?
  10. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Roger used to sell his basses with Modern Cases.

That was after the Mooradian gig bag era. I have one of the Modern Cases (I believe it is called the Ambassador) and it is VERY light, and VERY protective. Best case I have. They also make a double bass case.
  11. Love my Incase... do bad they are going to stop... bummer.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

13. Rod Torfulson

Rod Torfulson

Mar 10, 2004
    I have a love/hate relationship with my Incase Slim bag.

I love the extra protection it provides. It saved my bacon last week when I wasn't paying attention and slammed the headstock of my bass into a low doorframe I. I love its excellent construction (straps and handles particularily) and storage space.

I hate its weight but I guess that's just cost of having the extra protection. I agree it is akward to get my bass in/out of the bag without laying it down. Also, there might be just a few too many storage compartments which contributes to the bag's weight and thickness.

You should really only consider a Incase bag if you are looking to get protection similar to a hardshell but with better portability.
  14. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Man, I was going to order an Ambassador case for my new Linc Luthier bass. I had done the tracing and all, and talked to Steve at Modern Case Co. They still had Linc's logo on file and everything when I talked to them. I called the other day to get more details before I sent the tracing, and now they said they are closing.... That's right, Modern Case Co. is officially going out of business!!! :crying: They made my rack bags and were gonna make my case.... now what?
  15. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    This is a bum deal. They make great speaker cabinet covers. And I was going to order my bag to carry my Walter Woods in but Mooradian was cheaper and more on the ball at the time.
  16. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

Does it say "Precision Instruments" on it?!?!
    I have a bag that does and it's nice as hell. I just can't loacte the company. It came with a bass I bought used.
  17. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  18. bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Is that the big-ass rectangular cases? I've got two of them. Great quality cases, but too big.
  19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings

Yeah, it does. I also have a couple of others that are just about identical that don't. I prefer these over any of the bags I've seen.

I don't think they're being made anymore. I got my last one about 6 or 7 years ago. Still looks like new.