Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SadWOWsky!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KPO2000, Dec 17, 2002.

1. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    This must be the long anticipated fretted and spalted "son of the Rader" bass. It's been torture to see all these new and used Sadowsky basses for sale...and be unable to buy any of them! :(

[​IMG]

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    very strangely enough, THIS is the one thats giving me a GAS attack... and it's a Japaneeesy!!!
    [​IMG]

3. Yeah... that's the one I turned down... ;)

Spalted number 002. It's more stunning in person.

Here's Spalted 001...
    [​IMG]

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Damn you all! Stop it! Stop it, I say!

me want!

5. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA

Japaneeeesy is just as good....love my Marcus!

[​IMG]

6. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Looks good too.

7. My Sadowsky spalt PJ4 is slowly coming to life:

8. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The only problem with those ash-bodied Marcus clones is that they're heavy as hell. One of those four-strings weighs more than my Roscoe Beck.

9. I wouldn't make such a generalization. It really depends on the piece of ash the luthier selects. My Sadowsky jazz bass has an ash body and is one of the lightest basses I've played. I did try a Fender MM which also has an ash body and it was heavy as heck.

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I saw that on Monday but I didn't have a chance to play it. Actually, I was afraid to play it. :eek: :p

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, yes. my next bass _will_ have spalt featured somewhere on the top. and buckeye burl. ooo, yummy. :D

12. If I could ever own a Sadowsky, I would want a 4 with a P/J pickup configuration, P body, and spalted maple top.

This has just confirmed it. :eek:

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Owwwwwwwww.... that's my GAS pain for that spalted fretted Sadowsky! The owned/in progress ones posted here are also beautiful.

I've already blown my Xmas wad on speakers (Bergantino). Which is a good thing... I needed speakers more than a new fiver. But that Sadowsky is a lot sexier (to the eyes) than any speaker box could ever be (I'm sure it's sexy to the ears, too).

14. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Sadowsky's rule. I just got another 24 fret 5 and it's awesome. It has an ash body and weighs in under 8lbs! I'm sure it will become my favorite because of the great playability and super lightweight.

Hey guys, beautiful tops on those basses!!

Roger is the king:D

Rob

15. What are the prices on the Tokyo Sadowskys? How do they sound? How do the pickups and preamp compare?

16. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    As for the Tokyo series, Roger told me that the 5's are 2495, and the 4's are 2195. I think.

17. That's the direct price? That's a little higher than I expected. They do look nice though!

18. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Hey Rob,
    Does your new 24F have the EMGs or the new soapbars? How would you compare it to your F Bass, Celinder, and your Sad Vintage 5 (don't you have one of those too?)? It will kill me, but how 'bout some pictures!
    Ken