Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Safe to rack a side vented head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by complexprocess, Jan 5, 2004.

1. I have a peavey sessionbass head, which has a vent fan on the right side of the chassis and is 2 spaces tall. A previous owner scratched up the finish pretty good and I'd like to toss the amp in a 2-3 space rack case mostly for aesthetic purposes. (hey, it's a peavey, it's not like I NEED the rack :D)

Anyway, will a rack have enough space on the side for air to get around and escape through the back or will I have to modify the case? Anyone have experience with this head, or a similar one?

2. Yes, generaly you can say that every piece of 19" equipment is designed for housing into a rack.

Only when using a number of poweramps in one rack heat can be a problem. (in this case u can use a vent plate/unit)

The place of the vent itself isn't realy an issue.

3. Thanks! I've never owned a rack and I just wasn't sure if there would be any space on the side for air to move. I know airflow is a big issue in PCs and I assume the same can be said for bass heads.