1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Safe to rack a side vented head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by complexprocess, Jan 5, 2004.

1. I have a peavey sessionbass head, which has a vent fan on the right side of the chassis and is 2 spaces tall. A previous owner scratched up the finish pretty good and I'd like to toss the amp in a 2-3 space rack case mostly for aesthetic purposes. (hey, it's a peavey, it's not like I NEED the rack :D)

Anyway, will a rack have enough space on the side for air to get around and escape through the back or will I have to modify the case? Anyone have experience with this head, or a similar one?

2. Yes, generaly you can say that every piece of 19" equipment is designed for housing into a rack.

Only when using a number of poweramps in one rack heat can be a problem. (in this case u can use a vent plate/unit)

The place of the vent itself isn't realy an issue.

3. Thanks! I've never owned a rack and I just wasn't sure if there would be any space on the side for air to move. I know airflow is a big issue in PCs and I assume the same can be said for bass heads.