1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Safe to transport an amp on it's end?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by adivin, Jul 7, 2012.

1. adivin

adivin

Jul 9, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I noticed the Gator Amp Transporter G-901. It's a case with wheels, much like a rolling suitcase with a handle that pulls out. The amp goes in long ways, on end. Is this safe, and an acceptable way to carry an amp?

2. John D

John D Guest

Dec 27, 2009
    I'd do it and never worry a minute. That said, you are about to get 1000 different opinions. Good luck.

3. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    It is totally fine. But it may not be to use it that way, depending on the vent location

4. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    LOL!! Can I get a number for this club? :p

Anyway, I pretty much agree it doesn't matter UNLESS you've got some 35 pound transformer hanging from the chassis via four bolts, where you probably don't want that torsional stress applied to the chassis sheet metal. I'm probably using the wrong mechanical term. The toroids probably wouldn't care, nor would the chassis they're bolted to, because (I think) they hug the chassis. A chassis that's shock mounted and the shock mounts aren't designed for side thrust -- that might not be a good idea either.

//end_conjecture